Amazingly, a recent NerdWallet.com study showed that over 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and virtually 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. Drivers in El Paso could save almost $1,770 every year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t invest the time required to compare rate quotes.
Really, the only way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in El Paso is to begin comparing prices regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Texas. This can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the factors you can control to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that increase rates such as accidents, traffic tickets, and a bad credit rating can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for your new policy. As soon as you can, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
One piece of advice is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Compare El Paso Toyota Yaris iA insurance quotes
Getting cheap auto insurance pricing can be relatively painless. The only thing you need to do is spend a little time to compare rates from online providers.
Comparing price quotes online is fast and free, and it replaces the need to call or drive to local insurance agencies. Comparing Toyota Yaris iA insurance rates online has made agencies unnecessary unless your situation requires the professional guidance of a licensed agent. Drivers can get the lowest quotes online and have a local agent actually service the policy.
The companies shown below can provide free quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get prices from several of them to get the best price comparison.
Toyota Yaris iA insurance discounts in El Paso
Companies don’t necessarily list all discounts very clearly, so we took the time to find both well-publicized and the harder-to-find credits available to bring down your rates.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up before driving could cut 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get a small discount if you purchase life insurance.
- Switch and Save Discount – A few companies offer discounts for buying a new policy before your current Yaris iA insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy El Paso car insurance online.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount on your next car insurance statement.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you can bundle your auto and homeowners insurance with the same insurance company you could get a discount of at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay much less when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Drive Safe and Save – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO, Allstate and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before your rates go up so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
One thing to note about discounts is that many deductions do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability, collision or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you could get a free car insurance policy, nobody gets a free ride. But all discounts will cut the premium cost.
Popular car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, military active duty, seat belt use, and emergency military deployment.
- MetLife discounts include good driver, good student, multi-policy, defensive driver, and accident-free.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for passive restraint, accident-free, multiple autos, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online quote discount, good student, and homeowner.
- Mercury Insurance offers discounts for ease of repair, low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, age of vehicle, multi-car, and good driver.
- 21st Century includes discounts for teen driver, homeowners, anti-lock brakes, driver training, good student, 55 and older, and air bags.
- Allstate has discounts for premier plus, senior citizen, new car, anti-lock brakes, and FullPay discount.
If you want inexpensive El Paso car insurance quotes, ask each insurance company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts might not apply in El Paso. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in El Paso, click here.
Compare prices but work with a local El Paso insurance agent
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is OK! Good agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is that you can find lower rates and also buy local. And providing support for neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in El Paso.
To find an agent, once you fill out this short form, your information gets sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to leave your house since price quotes are sent immediately to your email address. If you have a need to quote rates from a specific car insurance provider, you can always navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
El Paso auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you are searching for a reputable agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies that you can choose from. Car insurance agencies can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Either type can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know the difference in the companies they write for since it can affect the type of agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent are not required to write business for one company so they can write business with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they find a lower price, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rates, you will definitely want to compare quotes from several independent agencies to have the most options to choose from.
The following is a partial list of independent agents in El Paso who may provide comparison quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These type of agents can only quote rates from one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. Exclusive agents are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage.
Below are El Paso exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Annette Gallardo Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
6351 S Desert Blvd #105 – El Paso, TX 79932 – (915) 877-9020 – View Map
Picking a car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Did they already check your driving record and credit reports?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in El Paso?
- What discounts might you be missing?
Different people need different insurance coverages
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- What if I total my Toyota Yaris iA and owe more than it’s worth?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Am I covered if I drive in a foreign country?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Get More Affordable Insurance Rates by Understanding These Factors
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help calculate the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Excellent credit equals lower premiums – An insured’s credit rating is a big factor in determining what you pay. If your credit history is lower than you’d like, you could pay less to insure your Toyota Yaris iA if you improve your credit rating. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have poor credit.
- Policy add-ons add up – There are many optional add-on coverages that may not really be needed when buying auto insurance. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, towing, and extra life insurance coverage are probably not needed. They may seem like a good idea when deciding what coverages you need, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so get rid of them and save.
- Your liability protection limits – The liability coverage on your policy will afford coverage if a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides you with a defense in court which can cost a lot. Liability is cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so insureds should have plenty of protection for their assets.
- Cars with good safety ratings cost less to insure – Safe vehicles can get you lower premiums. Vehicles built for safety result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims passed on to you as lower rates.
Why you need insurance for your vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Toyota Yaris iA insurance, paying for auto insurance may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Toyota Yaris iA, most lenders will require that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Toyota at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your car but also your financial assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Toyota as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in America is overpaying more than $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Texas auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a good quality auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many companies provide coverage in Texas. The information below can help you analyze which providers to look at purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
What is YOUR best insurance company?
In this article, we covered quite a bit of information on how to get a better price on Toyota Yaris iA insurance in El Paso. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. Smaller companies may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
When searching for low cost El Paso car insurance quotes, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
To read more, take a look at these articles: