It’s easy to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Consumers who shop for lower rates are very likely to move their business because there are good odds of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey found that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved about $865 a year as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the lowest rates on insurance is your target objective, then having a good understanding how to get free comparison quotes and analyze coverages can make it easier to shop your coverage around.
Really, the only way to get budget Subaru Tribeca insurance is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies in El Paso.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the measures you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that increase rates like careless driving and a not-so-good credit history can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. This article gives information to help prevent costly coverage and earn larger discounts.
- Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources. Start a quote
- Compare the quotes to your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is that you use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to analyze every insurance company. This ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
The companies shown below offer price comparisons in El Paso, TX. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
Cheaper El Paso auto insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but you may qualify for discounts to help bring down the price. Most are applied when you purchase, but some need to be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Early Signing – Some auto insurance companies reward drivers for buying a new policy before your current expiration date. Ten percent is about the average savings.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates in comparison to policyholders that have many claims.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow driving data submission to track driving manner by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to wear their seat belts can save 10% or more on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Student in College – Kids who attend college more than 100 miles from El Paso and leave their car at home can be insured at a reduced rate.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Subaru Tribeca auto insurance costs with and without discounts. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, a clean driving record, no claims, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, homeowner, marriage, multi-policy, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- State Farm offers discounts for safe vehicle, driver’s education, defensive driving training, good student, multiple autos, multiple policy, and anti-theft.
- GEICO discounts include good student, driver training, multi-policy, defensive driver, five-year accident-free, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- Allstate has discounts for senior citizen, new car, good payer, farm vehicle, and FullPay discount.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safe driver, multi-car, teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, safe driver, renewal discount, 55 and retired, driver training, and multi-policy.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, good student, and homeowner.
- AAA may have discounts that include good driver, education and occupation, good student, AAA membership discount, multi-policy, anti-theft, and multi-car.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each company what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not be offered everywhere. To see companies with significant discounts in Texas, click this link.
Insurance coverage analysis
The information displayed below showcases a range of policy rates for Subaru Tribeca models. Having a good understanding how premiums are calculated can aid in making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tribeca 3.6R Limited||$260||$532||$496||$30||$148||$1,466||$122|
|Tribeca 3.6R Premium||$260||$532||$496||$30||$148||$1,466||$122|
|Tribeca 3.6R Touring||$288||$532||$496||$30||$148||$1,494||$125|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can influence coverage prices considerably.
Compare rates but still have a local neighborhood El Paso car insurance agent
Many people just prefer to get advice from a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Good agents can make sure you are properly covered and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of price shopping on the web is the fact that you can find the best rates and still choose a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes for your business. There is no reason to find an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to compare rates for a specific company, you can always find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Picking the best company should include more criteria than just the price. Any good agent in El Paso should know the answers to these questions.
- Where are claims handled?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Exclusive and independent El Paso auto insurance agents
When searching for a reputable agency, there are a couple of different types of agents from which to choose. Insurance agencies in El Paso can be categorized as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either one can do a good job, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to give you multiple price quotes so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in El Paso who can help you get price quote information.
- David Rivas – State Farm Insurance Agent
4309 Fred Wilson Ave a – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 313-4070 – View Map
- Annette Gallardo Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
6351 S Desert Blvd #105 – El Paso, TX 79932 – (915) 877-9020 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Team Rudy Ledesma Insurance Agency
6801 N Mesa St b206 – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-7200 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage through many different auto insurance companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to get some free quotes from multiple independent agents to have the best price comparison. Most independent agents also contract with smaller regional carriers that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
The following are independent agents in El Paso that can give you comparison quotes.
- Colonial Insurance
1515 Lee Trevino Dr – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 590-4099 – View Map
- Texas State Insurance Agency
1501 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 838-1501 – View Map
- Desert West Insurance Agency, Inc.
7500 Viscount Blvd #101 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 751-6060 – View Map
Once you have received good feedback to your questions as well as an affordable premium quote, most likely you have located an insurance agent that meets the criteria to insure your vehicles.
Find More Affordable Auto Insurance with These Tips
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but others are not as apparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Shown below are just a few of the factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set rates.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most insurance companies provide lower prices to clients that buy multiple policies, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you qualify for this discount already, you still need to shop around to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may save even more by splitting coverages up.
- Auto insurance policy lapses increase premiums – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, failure to provide proof of insurance may earn you fines or a revoked license. Then you may be required to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas motor vehicle department.
- Vocation impacts rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupations like lawyers, executives, and dentists generally have higher average rates due to job stress and lots of time spent away from family. Other professions such as scientists, students and retirees pay the least.
Tickets hurt – Your driving record impacts premiums far more than you think. Good drivers get better rates compared to drivers with tickets. Getting just one citation could increase your next policy renewal substantially. Drivers who have gotten serious tickets such as DUI or willful reckless driving might be required by their state to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state’s department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
The chart below demonstrates how citations and at-fault collisions increase Subaru Tribeca annual premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Marriage can lower premiums – Having a spouse may save some money on your auto insurance policy. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and responsible and statistics prove married drivers get in fewer accidents.
Teen drivers pay higher rates – Teenage drivers in Texas have been known to be less responsible when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher auto insurance rates. Older insureds have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets.
The data below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Theft deterrents save – Selecting a car model with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft deterrent systems like vehicle immobilizer systems, General Motors OnStar and LoJack tracking systems can thwart car theft and help bring rates down.
Prices also based on gender – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that men are more aggressive behind the wheel. However, don’t assume that women are better drivers. Women and men are responsible for accidents at about the same rate, but the males get into accidents with more damage. They also get cited for more serious violations such as reckless driving. Young men ages 16 to 20 tend to get in the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
The information below compares Subaru Tribeca yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, full physical damage coverage, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
Why do I need car insurance?
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in El Paso, insurance may not be optional for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy a minimum amount of liability insurance in order to be legal. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Subaru, almost every bank will require that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Subaru at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Subaru but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly for liability claims. According to a 2015 survey, the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Texas auto insurance companies
Buying coverage from the best car insurance company can be rather challenging considering how many companies there are to choose from in Texas. The ranking information shown next can help you decide which providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Get the best coverage at the best price
When searching for the cheapest Subaru Tribeca rate quotes, don’t be tempted to skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The proper strategy is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Insureds change insurance companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, extreme rates for teen drivers, policy cancellation or delays in paying claims. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new company can be easy and end up saving you some money.
A few companies may not provide online quoting and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through local independent agencies. Budget-conscious Subaru Tribeca insurance is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture.
More information can be read on the following sites: