The easiest way to find cheaper prices for Saab 9-3 insurance in El Paso is to do a yearly price comparison from companies in Texas.
Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that cause high rates like speeding and a low credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Later in this article we will cover tips to prevent expensive rate increases and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Step 2: Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available in El Paso. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Provide proper notification to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Make sure you keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to compare every company you can. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
We don’t have to point out that fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Insureds who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to move their business because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A recent survey discovered that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved over $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If saving the most money on car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then learning a little about how to quote prices and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
Do you qualify for discounts?
Companies offering auto insurance don’t list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and the harder-to-find insurance savings.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Policyholders that allow companies to look at where and when they drive by using a small device installed in their vehicle like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates if they are good drivers.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of paying each month you can avoid the installment charge.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not every insurance company offers life insurance, but if they do you may earn a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts can save up to 15% off PIP or medical payments premium.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying a new car instead of a used 9-3 may earn a small discount since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems can help prevent theft so companies will give you a small discount.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some companies provide a discount for renewing your policy before your current coverage expires. You can save around 10% with this discount.
It’s important to understand that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the fact that it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Saab 9-3 premium costs with and without discounts. The premium estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- State Farm offers discounts for accident-free, student away at school, anti-theft, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, anti-theft, federal employee, military active duty, and daytime running lights.
- SAFECO has savings for teen safe driver, teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, drive less, safe driver, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for youthful driver, business and professional, early shopping, homeowner, and electronic funds transfer.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-car, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, AAA membership discount, anti-theft, and multi-policy.
- USAA includes discounts for good student, safe driver, driver training, new vehicle, vehicle storage, and multi-policy.
When comparing rates, check with all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
The rate table shown below outlines different insurance rates for Saab 9-3 models. Being able to understand how insurance policy rates are determined can be valuable when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|9-3 2.0T 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$462||$330||$20||$98||$1,172||$98|
|9-3 2.0T Station Wagon||$262||$462||$330||$20||$98||$1,172||$98|
|9-3 2.0T XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$262||$462||$330||$20||$98||$1,172||$98|
|9-3 Aero 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$532||$330||$20||$98||$1,272||$106|
|9-3 2.0T 2-Dr Convertible||$292||$532||$388||$24||$116||$1,352||$113|
|9-3 2.0T XWD Station Wagon||$292||$532||$330||$20||$98||$1,272||$106|
|9-3 Aero Station Wagon||$292||$532||$330||$20||$98||$1,272||$106|
|9-3 Aero XWD 4-Dr Sedan||$292||$532||$330||$20||$98||$1,272||$106|
|9-3 Aero 2-Dr Convertible||$322||$602||$388||$24||$116||$1,452||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes married female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, safe-driver, and homeowner. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can affect prices considerably.
Full coverage or liability only
The example below compares Saab 9-3 insurance rates with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The information is based on no claims, a clean driving record, $500 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
Should you be buying full coverage?
There is no definitive rule to stop buying comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Saab 9-3 replacement cost is $5,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for physical damage coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not recommended. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Tailor your insurance coverage to you
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if you could use an agent’s help.
- Am I missing any policy discounts?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Am I covered when pulling a rental trailer?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you may need to chat with an agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Get rate quotes but buy from a neighborhood El Paso auto insurance agent
Many people just want to have an agent’s advice and doing that can be a smart decision Professional agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get cheap insurance rates and still have a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this simple form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that give free quotes for your coverage. You never need to leave your computer since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. If you want to compare prices for a specific company, just find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing an company requires you to look at more than just the quoted price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Does the agency have a current Errors and Omissions policy?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are you getting all the discounts the company offers?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
Is an exclusive or independent auto insurance agent right for you?
If you want to buy insurance from a local El Paso insurance agency, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they work. Insurance agencies in El Paso can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into the selection process.
Agents in the exclusive channel have only one company to place business with such as American Family, State Farm, and Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Some consumers prefer to buy from exclusive agents mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than having low rates.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in El Paso that can give you price quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Eric Kent
5909 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 587-0292 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Oscar Arrieta
1701 Lee Trevino Dr b – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 593-1268 – View Map
- Elizabeth Campos – State Farm Insurance Agent
9411 Alameda Ave o – El Paso, TX 79907 – (915) 860-7980 – View Map
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you stay with the same agent. When comparing insurance rates, you need to get rate quotes from several independent agencies to maximize your price options. Most also have access to less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
The following are El Paso independent agencies that are able to give rate quotes.
- Cielo Vista Insurance
1132 Geronimo Dr – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 772-1406 – View Map
- Colonial Insurance Agency
7636 Gateway Blvd E – El Paso, TX 79915 – (915) 592-0999 – View Map
- Pan American Insurance
7399 Alameda Ave – El Paso, TX 79915 – (915) 772-9000 – View Map
Best car insurance in Texas
Selecting the top insurer is difficult considering how many companies provide coverage in Texas. The information in the lists below could help you decide which companies to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
We just presented many tips how you can reduce Saab 9-3 insurance car insurance rates online in El Paso. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates come from an unexpected company.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where consumers will sacrifice collision coverage and discovered at claim time that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
Consumers switch companies for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions or even delays in responding to claim requests. No matter why you want to switch, finding the right insurance provider is not as difficult as it may seem.
Additional insurance information is located at the links below