If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find better pricing on Mazda 5 insurance in El Paso is to do a yearly price comparison from providers who sell auto insurance in Texas.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about individual coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as multiple speeding tickets and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Second, request price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your existing policy. Submit the required down payment along with the signed application for the new coverage. Once received, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This enables a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
A recent NerdWallet.com study revealed that a large majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for at least four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared rates from other carriers. American consumers can cut their rates by $850 a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand the amount of money they would save if they bought a different policy.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that may help make it more affordable. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you complete an application, but a few must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you are not receiving all the discounts you qualify for, you may be paying too high a price.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars with anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and can earn a small discount on your policy.
- Early Switch Discount – Some companies reward drivers for signing up before your current 5 insurance policy expires. You could save around 10% when you buy El Paso car insurance online.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- College Student Discount – Older children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from El Paso and do not have a car could get you a discount.
- E-sign – Some companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- Pay Upfront and Save – By paying your policy upfront instead of making monthly payments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to fasten their seat belts could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like it’s possible to get free car insurance, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Mazda 5 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the premium. The data assumes a female driver, no claims, a clean driving record, Texas state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Large car insurance companies and their possible discounts can be found below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, student away at school, passive restraint, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and multiple autos.
- Esurance discounts include good student, multi-policy, online shopper, DriveSense, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, multi-policy, online signing, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- Liberty Mutual has savings for new graduate, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, safety features, newly retired, new vehicle discount, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for multiple vehicles, anti-theft, teen driver, student away at school, and paperless.
- GEICO offers discounts including federal employee, military active duty, daytime running lights, good student, multi-policy, and five-year accident-free.
If you want the cheapest Mazda 5 rate quotes, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state. To locate companies with the best discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Cheap El Paso Mazda 5 insurance quotes online
Lowering your Mazda 5 insurance rates is a great way to save money. You just have to invest a little time comparing rate quotes to discover which company has affordable Mazda 5 insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in El Paso, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can in order to find the most competitive rates.
Insurance coverage details
The rate information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance rates for Mazda 5 models. Knowing how rates are determined can help drivers make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|5 Sport Station Wagon||$176||$316||$438||$26||$130||$1,086||$91|
|5 Touring Station Wagon||$202||$384||$438||$26||$130||$1,180||$98|
|5 Grand Touring Station Wagon||$202||$384||$438||$26||$130||$1,180||$98|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single female driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Price estimates do not factor in specific location which can raise or lower coverage prices noticeably.
The illustration below shows how choosing a deductible and can impact Mazda 5 insurance rates for different insured age categories. The rate quotes are based on a married female driver, comp and collision included, and no other discounts are factored in.
Premiums by gender and age
The diagram below shows the comparison of Mazda 5 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The prices are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
Should you buy full coverage?
The example below illustrates the difference between Mazda 5 car insurance rates with full physical damage coverage compared to only buying liability only. The premiums assume no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Deciding between full coverage and liability only
There is no specific rule for phasing out physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is 10% or more of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Mazda 5 replacement value is $3,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $2,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are currently paying more than $200 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where buying only liability insurance is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
Insurance quotes from local El Paso insurance agents
A small number of people still like to talk to a local agent and that is OK! Good insurance agents can point out coverage gaps and help you file claims. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheaper prices and still have a local agent. And supporting small agencies is still important in El Paso.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents in El Paso that give free quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Choose an insurance agent wisely
If you are searching for a local insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents that you can choose from. Agents can either be independent agents or exclusive agents. Both types can provide insurance policies, but it’s good to learn how they differ because it can impact buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If they quote lower rates, they simply move the coverage in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are trying to find cheaper rates, we recommend you contact at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most also write with lesser-known insurance companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Featured below are independent insurance agents in El Paso who may provide price quote information.
- Mt. Franklin Insurance Agency
1444 Montana Ave #202 – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 599-2900 – View Map
- Texas State Insurance Agency
1501 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 838-1501 – View Map
- Desert West Insurance: Lavelle Michael
7500 Viscount Suite 101 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (830) 534-9623 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot provide prices from multiple companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. They are usually well trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Some insured continue to buy from exclusive agents primarily because of loyalty to the company rather than low rates.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in El Paso that are able to give rate quotes.
- Tessie Maestas – State Farm Insurance Agent
4727 Hondo Pass Dr b – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 757-1090 – View Map
- Jacobo Akle – State Farm Insurance Agent
6065 Montana Ave STE C1 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 775-2553 – View Map
- Frank Parga Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4141 Pinnacle St #105 – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 532-1423 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the price. Get answers to these questions too.
- How long has their agency been open in El Paso?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in El Paso?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they offer claims assistance after hours?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
After receiving positive feedback to all your questions as well as a price you’re happy with, you may have just found a car insurance agent that will service your policy.
Affordable car insurance prices are available
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including lack of trust in their agent, extreme rates for teen drivers, high rates after DUI convictions and even questionable increases in premium. It doesn’t matter what your reason, finding a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to get a better price on Mazda 5 insurance in El Paso. The key thing to remember is the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding inexpensive El Paso car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the biggest savings come from some of the lesser-known companies.
Discount Mazda 5 insurance in El Paso can be purchased online in addition to many El Paso insurance agents, so you need to shop El Paso car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some insurance providers may not provide online rate quotes and usually these small insurance companies provide coverage only through independent agents.
Additional detailed information can be read in the articles below: