How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more affordable Lincoln MKS insurance in El Paso? Trying to find the cheapest insurance for a Lincoln MKS in Texas can be an all-consuming task, but you can follow our car insurance buying tips and make it easy. There is a right way and a wrong way to shop for car insurance and you need to know the best way to price shop coverage for your Lincoln and get the best price possible.
You should take the time to do rate comparisons periodically due to the fact that insurance rates change quite often. Even if you think you had the best deal on Lincoln MKS insurance in El Paso a few years ago there may be better deals available now. Forget all the misinformation about car insurance because you’re about to learn the only way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
If you have coverage now or are just looking to switch companies, use these techniques to find better prices and still have adequate protection. Pricing affordable insurance policy in El Paso is easy to do. Smart shoppers just need to learn the quickest method to shop using one simple form.
Save money with these discounts
Some insurers don’t necessarily list all available discounts very clearly, so the list below gives a summary of a few of the more well known and the more hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 are able to get a slight reduction on a El Paso car insurance quote.
- Military Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could qualify you for better prices.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school may save as much as 25% on a El Paso car insurance quote. This discount can apply until age 25.
- Payment Method – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Drivers Education – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll in driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
You should keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like it’s possible to get free car insurance, you’re out of luck.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Lincoln MKS annual premium costs with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, marriage, homeowner, and multi-car discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, good student, online signing, continuous coverage, and multi-policy.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including multi-car, anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, safe driver, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
- American Family offers discounts for good student, TimeAway discount, accident-free, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, Steer into Savings, and bundled insurance.
- MetLife offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, accident-free, claim-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- GEICO includes discounts for seat belt use, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford has discounts for bundle, air bag, defensive driver, vehicle fuel type, good student, and driver training.
When comparing rates, check with all the companies what discounts are available to you. Some discounts listed above may not apply in El Paso. To choose insurance companies with significant discounts in Texas, follow this link.
Cutting your El Paso car insurance rates is not rocket science. You just need to take the time to compare rate quotes to find out which insurance company has inexpensive El Paso car insurance quotes.
The companies shown below provide quotes in Texas. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
Insurance rate breakdown
The premium information displayed below covers different insurance coverage prices for Lincoln MKS models. Being aware of how auto insurance policy rates are formulated can be valuable when making smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKS AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$624||$392||$24||$118||$1,452||$121|
|MKS 4-Dr Sedan||$294||$624||$392||$24||$118||$1,452||$121|
|MKS Ecoboost AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$326||$706||$392||$24||$118||$1,566||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data rating is based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Rate information does not factor in specific El Paso garaging location which can alter price quotes noticeably.
The diagram below shows how different deductible levels and can raise or lower Lincoln MKS insurance premiums for different categories of driver ages. The rates are based on a married male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The example below illustrates the comparison of Lincoln MKS premium costs when comparing full coverage to state minimum liability only. The data is based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to drop full coverage
There is no clear-cut rule to drop physical damage insurance, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s pretend your Lincoln MKS replacement cost is $3,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $2,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are currently paying more than $200 annually for physical damage coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some situations where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to maintain full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should maintain full coverage.
When it comes to choosing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so your insurance needs to address that.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Are my custom wheels covered?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- Is pet coverage available?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
If you can’t answer these questions, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
When should I contact an agent?
Some consumers still prefer to go talk to an agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are very good at helping people manage risk and will help you if you have claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that you can obtain cheap insurance quotes and still buy from a local agent.
By using this quick form, your insurance data is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to contact an agency because prices are sent immediately to you. If you need to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Choosing a provider requires more thought than just the price. Some important questions to ask are:
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
When narrowing the list to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s important to understand the types of agencies and how they function. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive). Both can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know the subtle differences since it can affect the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive agencies can usually just insure with one company and some examples include Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. These agents are not able to compare other company’s rates so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their products and sales techniques which helps them compete with independent agents. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents mainly due to the prominence of the brand and strong financial ratings.
Shown below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso who may provide you with rate quotes.
- Sandra Serna – State Farm Insurance Agent
10965 Ben Crenshaw, Ste D3 – El Paso, TX 79935 – (915) 591-0727 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Oscar Arrieta
1701 Lee Trevino Dr b – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 593-1268 – View Map
- Frank Parga Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4141 Pinnacle St #105 – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 532-1423 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If you are not satisfied with one company, your policy is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
If you need lower rates, you will want to contact several independent insurance agents to get the best comparison. Most also have access to smaller companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below is a short list of independent insurance agents in El Paso willing to provide rate quotes.
- Asegura Insurance Agency
1155 N Zaragoza Rd #105 – El Paso, TX 79907 – (915) 613-4800 – View Map
- American Agency Insurance
5959 Gateway Blvd W #533 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 772-7766 – View Map
- Cielo Vista Insurance
1132 Geronimo Dr – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 772-1406 – View Map
Best car insurance company in El Paso
Choosing the best insurer can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in El Paso. The company rank data displayed below can help you decide which companies you want to consider comparing rate quotes with.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- USAA – 91%
- AAA Insurance – 90%
- Esurance – 90%
- Mercury Insurance – 89%
- Nationwide – 89%
- Travelers – 88%
- Progressive – 88%
- Safeco Insurance – 88%
- State Farm – 88%
- Allstate – 88%
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Be persistent and save
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to reduce Lincoln MKS insurance premium rates online in El Paso. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the higher your chance of finding the cheapest Lincoln MKS rate quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Regional companies may have significantly lower prices on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
As you restructure your insurance plan, don’t be tempted to buy less coverage just to save a little money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced collision coverage to discover at claim time that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford, but do not skimp to save money.
How to find low-cost rates for Lincoln MKS insurance in El Paso
The best way to save on auto insurance rates in El Paso is to compare prices annually from insurers who sell insurance in Texas.
- First, try to understand the different coverages in a policy and the changes you can make to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic citations, accidents, and a not-so-good credit score can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the price quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
One tip to remember is to try to compare identical limits and deductibles on each price quote and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. This enables the most accurate price comparison and and a good selection of different prices.