It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who compare price quotes will, in all likelihood, buy a different policy because there is a good probability of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who routinely shopped for cheaper coverage saved over $3,450 over four years compared to drivers who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price for car insurance in El Paso is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can make it easier for you to save money.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget Lincoln Mark LT insurance in El Paso is to compare prices once a year from providers who sell auto insurance in Texas. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Get an understanding of how car insurance works and the things you can change to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as getting speeding tickets and poor credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agents can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Get cheap Lincoln Mark LT insurance in El Paso with discounts
Companies that sell car insurance don’t list all discounts in an easy-to-find place, so here is a list some of the more common as well as some of the hidden discounts that you may qualify for.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Responsible Driver Discounts – Drivers who avoid accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Insuring multiple cars or trucks on one policy qualifies for this discount.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some companies give a break if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save a little on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Sign Online – A few larger online companies will give you a small discount simply for signing on the web.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So when the math indicates you can get free auto insurance, you won’t be that lucky.
A list of car insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, online signing, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO may have discounts that include accident prevention training, drive less, teen safety rewards, teen safe driver, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, and safe driver.
- American Family policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, Steer into Savings, multi-vehicle, accident-free, bundled insurance, and good student.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good student, claim-free, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, multi-policy
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, emergency military deployment, anti-lock brakes, federal employee, and daytime running lights.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, driver training, vehicle fuel type, bundle, good student, anti-theft, and air bag.
When quoting, ask all the companies how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts might not be available to policyholders in El Paso.
When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons helps locate a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide price comparisons in El Paso, TX. If more than one company is shown, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Learn How to Find Auto Insurance at a Discount
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this helps enable you to make changes that could result in lower premium levels.
The items below are a few of the “ingredients” companies use to determine premiums.
- You might get higher premiums if you are single – Getting married can actually save you money on auto insurance. It means you’re more responsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- More traffic means higher claims – Choosing to live in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents. Residents of big cities have much more traffic and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances translates into higher accident risk.
- Bad credit will cost you – An insured’s credit history will be a significant factor in your rate calculation. If your credit history leaves room for improvement, you could pay less to insure your Lincoln Mark LT by taking the time to improve your credit score. Consumers who have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with worse credit.
- Maintain auto insurance coverage – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to trigger a rate increase. In addition to paying higher premiums, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Policy claims cost money – If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Insurance companies in Texas generally give most affordable rates to insureds who are claim-free. Insurance coverage is designed for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Pay more out-of-pocket – Protection for physical damage, also known as collision and other-than-collision, is used to repair damage to your Lincoln. Some examples of claims that would be covered could be running into the backend of another car, hitting a deer, and rolling your vehicle. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if a covered claim is submitted. The larger the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
- Good drivers pay less – Your driving citation history has a lot to do with how much you pay for insurance. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation may cause rates to rise by as much as twenty percent. Drivers with clean records get better prices than bad drivers. Drivers who get multiple violations like DUI, reckless driving or excessive speeding may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility to the state department of motor vehicles in order to legally drive.
Car insurance can get complicated
Always keep in mind that when comparing a policy for your vehicles, there really is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is a little different and your car insurance should be unique as well. These are some specific questions may help highlight if your insurance needs could use an agent’s help.
- Is my trailer covered?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Is coverage enough to protect my assets?
- Is my vehicle covered by my employer’s policy when using it for work?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- Are all vehicle passengers covered by medical payments coverage?
- Is a new car covered when I drive it off the dealer lot?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you might consider talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of car insurance companies in your area.
Buying car insurance from El Paso insurance agents
Certain consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is not a bad decision One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get the lowest rates and also buy local.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent because prices are sent immediately to you. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without a big time investment. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Deciding on an provider needs to be determined by more than just the price. Before buying a policy in El Paso, get answers to these questions.
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- Where would glass claims be handled in El Paso?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
If you need to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple types of insurance agents and how they can service your needs differently. Car insurance agents in El Paso can be classified as either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which aids in selling service over price.
Listed below are El Paso exclusive insurance agents who can help you get price quotes.
Tessie Maestas – State Farm Insurance Agent
4727 Hondo Pass Dr b – El Paso, TX 79904 – (915) 757-1090 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents do not have single company limitations so they have the ability to put coverage with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they simply move the coverage in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you get some free quotes from independent agents to get the best comparison.
Below is a short list of independent insurance agencies in El Paso who can help you get rate quotes.
After you get acceptable answers to any questions you have and a low price estimate, you may have just found an insurance agent that can be trusted to provide car insurance coverage.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Even though El Paso Mark LT insurance rates can get expensive, insuring your vehicle is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may insure your Lincoln at a significantly higher premium and force you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for many types of medical costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney in the event you are sued. If your Lincoln gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver overpays as much as $800 each year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Ratings for El Paso car insurance companies
Picking the right auto insurance provider is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Texas. The information below can help you choose which coverage providers to look at buying from.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- The General
Cheap insurance rates are out there
We just presented many tips how you can shop for Lincoln Mark LT insurance online. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest priced insurance comes from the least-expected company. They can often provide lower car insurance rates in certain areas as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
Discount Lincoln Mark LT insurance in El Paso can be purchased from both online companies in addition to many El Paso insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers may not have rates over the internet and many times these small, regional companies work with local independent agencies.
To learn more, feel free to visit these articles: