It’s a fact that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who compare rates annually will presumably switch companies because of the good chance of finding a more affordable policy. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who shopped around every year saved as much as $865 annually compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding the best rates on auto insurance in El Paso is your target objective, then understanding how to get price quotes and compare coverages can help make the process easier.
The best way we recommend to get affordable car insurance rates in El Paso is to annually compare prices from providers who provide auto insurance in Texas. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
- Try to comprehend how your policy works and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and poor credit can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper RC 200t coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the proof of insurance paperwork in a readily accessible location in your vehicle.
A good tip to remember is to try to compare identical coverages on every quote request and and to get prices from every company you can. Doing this enables an accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
Most of the larger companies allow consumers to get pricing on the web. Obtaining pricing for Lexus RC 200t insurance in El Paso is quite easy because it’s just a matter of typing in the coverage amounts you desire on the page. Once entered, their rating system obtains your credit score and driving record and generates a price based on the data you entered. This makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes in order to get the lowest insurance rates.
To fill out one form to compare multiple rates now, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you type in the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. This makes sure you are getting rate comparison quotes for the exact same coverage.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in El Paso, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to find the lowest car insurance rates.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Not many people think insurance is cheap, but discounts can save money and there are some available that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can help you save on insurance because owning a home is proof of financial responsibility.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver enroll and complete driver’s education in high school.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get a discount up to 10%.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies with one insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Accident Waiver – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- Discount for New Cars – Buying a new car instead of a used RC 200t can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
We need to note that most discount credits are not given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your policy premium.
A list of companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Progressive includes discounts for continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, online signing, and online quote discount.
- AAA may offer discounts for good student, pay-in-full, multi-car, multi-policy, AAA membership discount, and anti-theft.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for teen driver, alternative fuel, multi-car, mature driver, electronic funds transfer, and switch companies.
- GEICO has savings for defensive driver, military active duty, seat belt use, membership and employees, daytime running lights, five-year accident-free, and driver training.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for safety device, multi-policy, paid-in-full, claim free, and Switch & Save.
- SAFECO discounts include homeowner, safe driver, anti-lock brakes, teen safety rewards, anti-theft, and multi-car.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple policy, student away at school, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and defensive driving training.
If you want inexpensive El Paso auto insurance quotes, ask each company or agent what discounts are available to you. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to view insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in El Paso, click this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Some consumers still prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, the quote information is sent to participating agents in El Paso that can give you free El Paso auto insurance quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND an agent nearby. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific auto insurance provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Selecting an insurer requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in El Paso?
- Will the company cover a rental car if your car is getting fixed?
The type of auto insurance agent you choose is important
If you are wanting to purchase auto insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they work. Auto insurance agencies are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Agents of this type write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below are exclusive agencies in El Paso that can give you price quotes.
Frank Parga Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4141 Pinnacle St #105 – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 532-1423 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they have the ability to put coverage with lots of companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, you definitely need to include price quotes from independent agents for the best price selection.
Listed below is a short list of independent agencies in El Paso that can give you price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Ed Flores Insurance Agency Inc
1400 N Zaragoza Rd e – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 857-3300 – View Map
Upon getting good answers as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy.
Smart Buyers Can Save Money
Many things are used in the calculation when you get your auto insurance bill. Some of the criteria are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more obscure like your continuous coverage or how safe your car is. One of the most helpful ways to save on insurance is to to have a grasp of the rating factors that come into play when calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you lower rates.
- Lower stress equals lower rates – Did you know your insurance rates can be affected by your occupation? Jobs like real estate brokers, architects, and accountants have higher rates than the rest of us due to stressful work requirements and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, professions such as farmers, students and the unemployed have lower than average premiums.
- Raising comp and collision deductibles lowers prices – The deductibles are the amount of money you are willing to pay before a claim is paid by your company. Coverage for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some instances where coverage would apply are collision with another vehicle, fire damage, and damage from wind. The larger the amount you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Get hitched and get cheaper premiums – Walking down the aisle actually saves money compared to being single. Having a significant other means you’re more stable financially and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to have fewer serious accidents.
- Youthful vs. older drivers – Drivers with little experience have been known to be more careless in a vehicle and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a teenage driver onto a policy will cause a huge premium hike. Older drivers have been proven to be more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can save you a little every year. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help stop vehicle theft.
- The type of car makes a difference – The performance level of the car, truck or SUV you drive makes a big difference in your premium level. The best insurance prices tend to be for small economy passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in El Paso, insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability if you drive a vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Lexus RC 200t, most lenders will require you to have full coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Lexus at a much higher rate and require you to pay a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your Lexus RC 200t and your assets. It will also provide coverage for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of having auto insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying over $825 a year so compare quotes from several companies once a year at a minimum to be sure current rates are still competitive.
What is the best car insurance company in Texas?
Picking a highly-rated auto insurance provider can be rather challenging considering how many different companies insure vehicles in El Paso. The ranking information in the lists below can help you choose which providers to look at when shopping around.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- State Farm
- Liberty Mutual
- American Family
- Titan Insurance
- AAA Insurance
Find cheaper rates by comparing often
As you prepare to switch companies, it’s a bad idea to buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. In many cases, drivers have reduced full coverage and learned later that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We covered many ways to lower your Lexus RC 200t insurance rates in El Paso. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the higher your chance of finding cheaper El Paso auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the best rates are with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies may often insure only within specific states and give better rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
To read more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles: