Regrettably, most car insurance customers have been with the same company for more than four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never taken the time to shop around. El Paso drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year, but most just don’t grasp how much savings they would realize if they just switched companies.
The easiest way to find cheaper quotes for auto insurance rates is to regularly compare quotes from providers in El Paso. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about individual coverages and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a negative credit history can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper price is available in El Paso. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Notify your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new company. Don’t forget to keep the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer quotes in El Paso, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you get price quotes from several of them to find the most competitive car insurance rates.
Why you need to buy insurance
Even though El Paso Optima Hybrid insurance rates can get expensive, paying for insurance is required for several reasons.
- The majority of states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require you to carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank will be required to insure your Kia at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance preserves not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It also can pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. The average driver in Texas is currently overpaying as much as $865 each year so it’s important to compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Smart Buyers Can Reduce Insurance Rates
An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that play a part in calculating your policy premiums. When consumers understand what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to lower premium levels.
- Younger driver insurance costs – Mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, are lower risk to insure, and usually have better credit. Teenage drivers have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel so they pay higher auto insurance rates.
- Lower premiums with no policy lapses – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse will be a guaranteed way to bump up your auto insurance costs. Not only will rates go up, the inability to provide proof of insurance may earn you a fine, jail time, or a revoked license. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas DMV.
- Liability insurance safeguards assets – Liability coverage will protect you when you are ruled to be at fault for damages from an accident. It provides for a legal defense to defend your case. It is affordable coverage compared to physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
- You might get higher prices if you are single – Walking down the aisle may save some money on your auto insurance bill. It is viewed as being more mature than a single person and it’s statistically proven that drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Most major auto insurance companies apply lower prices to buyers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount, you may still want to comparison shop to ensure the best deal. Consumers may save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
- Where do you drive? – Driving more miles annually the more it will cost to insure it. A lot of companies apply a rate based on their usage. Autos not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An incorrectly rated Optima Hybrid can cost quite a bit. Double check that your vehicle rating correctly shows the right rating data, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- More stress means more cost – Jobs such as judges, architects, and dentists are shown to have higher premiums than the average policyholder because of intense work situations and long work days. Conversely, professions such as scientists, engineers and performers have the lowest average rates.
Kia Optima Hybrid historical loss data – Insurers include the past claim history for a vehicle when determining insurance prices. Models that the data shows to have higher claim frequency or loss amount will cost more for coverage. The next table illustrates the historical insurance loss data for Kia Optima Hybrid vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Percentages below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while numbers above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or statistically larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Kia Optima Hybrid Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Kia Optima Hybrid 143 115 116 139 158 151BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Save money by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurance providers don’t necessarily list every policy discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Data Collection Discounts – Insureds who allow data collection to track their driving habits by installing a telematics device like Drivewise from Allstate or In-Drive from State Farm might see lower rates as long as the data is positive.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies and place coverage with the same company you could earn a discount of up to 20% and get you cheap Optima Hybrid insurance.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
- Drivers Education – Have your child take driver’s ed class in school.
- Pay Early and Save – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you can actually save on your bill.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers over the age of 55 may receive a small decrease in premiums.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Multi-car Discount – Insuring several vehicles on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- ABS Braking Discount – Cars with anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of car insurance companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, air bags, emergency military deployment, driver training, and daytime running lights.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including claim-free, multi-policy, good student, defensive driver, accident-free, and good driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Travelers offers discounts including continuous insurance, payment discounts, student away at school, home ownership, early quote, and save driver.
- SAFECO offers discounts for drive less, teen safe driver, homeowner, multi-car, anti-lock brakes, bundle discounts, and accident prevention training.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, good driver, anti-theft, multi-car, and education and occupation.
When quoting, ask all companies you are considering which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in your area. To find companies that offer multiple discounts in Texas, click this link.
Do I need special coverages?
When quoting and comparing adequate coverage, there is no “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions can help discover if you might need professional guidance.
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Are there companies who specialize in insuring high-risk drivers?
- Is my Kia Optima Hybrid covered if I use it for business?
- Does my Kia Optima Hybrid qualify for pleasure use?
- Am I getting all the discounts available?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Am I covered if hit by an uninsured driver?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- When should I buy a commercial auto policy?
- Are my company tools covered if they get stolen?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Local neighborhood agents and auto insurance
Certain consumers just want to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain cheap auto insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your insurance coverage information is submitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent straight to your inbox. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, just search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking an insurer should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
If you want local El Paso agents, it’s important to understand the types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents may be either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either can write auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the differences since it may influence your selection of an agent.
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company such as State Farm or Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. These agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
The following are El Paso exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
These agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If premiums increase, your agent can switch companies and you don’t have to do anything.
When comparison shopping, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the best price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent insurance agents in El Paso that are able to give price quote information.
Persistence is the key to affordable rates
We covered quite a bit of information on how to save on Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in El Paso. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the higher the chance of saving money. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
Some insurance providers don’t offer price quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers work with independent agents. The cheapest Kia Optima Hybrid insurance in El Paso can be purchased both online as well as from independent agents in El Paso, and you should compare rates from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas can be found at the links below