Are you doing reasearch to find more affordable car insurance rates in El Paso, TX? El Paso shoppers have lots of choices when shopping for affordable Jeep Patriot insurance. They can either spend hours driving around to compare prices or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates. There are both good and bad ways to compare car insurance rates and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Jeep and locate the lowest price either online or from El Paso insurance agents.
Unimaginable but true, nearly 70% of customers have bought car insurance from the same company for at least four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Drivers in the U.S. could save an average of approximately $850 each year just by comparing rates, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around.
It’s a great practice to compare premium rates occasionally because prices change quite often. Just because you had the best rates on Jeep Patriot insurance in El Paso last year there is a good chance you can find better rate quotes now. Ignore everything you know about car insurance because it’s time to teach you the best methods to remove unneeded coverages and save money.
The companies in the list below offer free quotes in El Paso, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you click on several of them to find the most affordable car insurance rates.
Premium rates and analysis
The coverage information below outlines estimates of prices for Jeep Patriot models. Understanding how prices are formulated can be of help when making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Patriot Sport 2WD||$152||$290||$496||$30||$148||$1,116||$93|
|Patriot Sport 4WD||$152||$290||$496||$30||$148||$1,116||$93|
|Patriot Limited 2WD||$174||$352||$496||$30||$148||$1,200||$100|
|Patriot Limited 4WD||$174||$352||$496||$30||$148||$1,200||$100|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can alter premiums considerably.
How accidents and tickets impact rates
The information below demonstrates how traffic citations and at-fault fender-benders influence Jeep Patriot insurance rates for different age groups. The information is based on a single male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Do you need full coverage?
The information below shows the comparison of Jeep Patriot insurance premiums with and without physical damage coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, $100 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut rule for dropping physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can use. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Jeep Patriot settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is damaged in an accident, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $700 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should not remove full coverage.
Why insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in El Paso, insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Patriot, most lenders will require that you have physical damage coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender may insure your Jeep at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your Jeep. It will also cover all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver overpays as much as $750 every year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Find More Affordable Car Insurance with These Tips
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious such as your driving record, but other criteria are less apparent such as your marital status or your commute time. When buying car insurance it’s important to understand some of the elements that go into determining your premiums. When you know what positively or negatively influences your rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that can earn you lower premium levels.
- How credit history affects car insurance costs – Your credit history can be an important factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have very good credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than those with poor credit. If your credit history could use some work, you could be paying less to insure your Jeep Patriot by improving your rating.
- Bundle policies and save – Most major companies afford a discount to clients who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be ten or even up to twenty percent in some cases. Even if you already get this discount, it’s still a good idea to compare other company rates to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible. Consumers may find better rates by insuring with multiple companies.
Expect high rates for teens – Young drivers in Texas are known to be more careless in a vehicle therefore car insurance rates are much higher. If you’ve ever had to add a youthful driver onto a policy can be very expensive. More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
The data below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Lower performance equals lower insurance rates – The make and model of the car you own makes a big difference in your rates. Small economy passenger models receive the most favorable rates, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The chart below is based on a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Jeep Patriot insurance rates compared to other models that have different performance risks.
- Lower rates for safer vehicles – Cars with high safety ratings cost less to insure. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and reduced instances of injuries means your insurance company pays less and lower rates for you. If your Jeep Patriot is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may pay a lower rate.
- Only buy incidental coverages you need – Insurance policies have a lot of additional coverages that can waste your money but may not be useful. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, death and dismemberment, and membership fees could be just wasting money. They may sound like good ideas when discussing your needs, but if they’re wasting money think about removing them and cutting costs.
Premiums also based on gender – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown women are more cautious behind the wheel. That doesn’t necessarily mean that females are better at driving than males. They both cause auto accidents in similar percentages, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also statistically get more serious tickets like driving under the influence (DUI). Teenage male drivers generally have the highest accident percentage and thus pay the highest rates.
The example below shows the comparison of Jeep Patriot yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are applied.
- Higher premiums for stressful vocations – Did you know your occupation can influence how much you pay for car insurance? Jobs like military generals, architects, and emergency personnel tend to have higher premiums than the average policyholder attributed to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent at work. On the other hand, careers like actors, historians and retirees receive lower rates.
Jeep Patriot claim probability – Insurance companies take into consideration historical loss data for every vehicle when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table shows the insurance loss data for Jeep Patriot vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Percentages below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while percentage numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Jeep Patriot Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Jeep Patriot 4dr 2WD 80 139 65 123 121 140 Jeep Patriot 4dr 4WD 73 121 67 98 100 111BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Jeep Patriot insurance in El Paso with discounts
Car insurance companies don’t necessarily list every discount available in an easy-to-find place, so the list below details a few of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts that you may qualify for.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save you some money due to better safety requirements for newer vehicles.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them with the same company you may save nearly 15% which can help you find cheaper Patriot insurance.
- Multiple Cars – Having multiple cars or trucks with one company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Professional Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings on your bill.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for a small decrease in premiums.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few car insurance companies allow discounts for renewing your policy early. You may see this discount when you get El Paso auto insurance quotes online.
- Active Service Discounts – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
You can save money using discounts, but some of the credits will not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way. Any qualifying discounts will definitely reduce your overall premium however.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Jeep Patriot insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the rates. The premiums assume a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, multi-car, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
Some of the insurance companies that have these money-saving discounts include:
If you need low cost El Paso auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering which credits you are entitled to. Some credits might not be offered in El Paso. To find insurance companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, click this link.
When should I contact a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is just fine! Agents can answer important questions and help you file claims. One of the benefits of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates but also keep your business local.
Once you complete this short form, your information is immediately sent to companies in El Paso who will gladly provide quotes to get your business. There is no reason to leave your house because prices are sent to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, feel free to search and find their rate quote page and submit a quote form there.
Choosing the best provider should depend on more than just the price. You should also get answers to these questions.
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- When do they do policy reviews?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
If you’re trying to find a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they are slightly different. Auto insurance agencies are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s worth learning why they differ because it can factor into which type of agent you select.
These type of agents can only provide one company’s prices such as Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They generally cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training on their company’s products which helps them sell insurance even at higher premiums. Some consumers prefer to use the same exclusive agent partially due to the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in El Paso that can give you price quote information.
- Lou Lobato – State Farm Insurance Agent
1810 Trawood Dr l – El Paso, TX 79935 – (915) 598-5401 – View Map
- Tom Silverthorn – State Farm Insurance Agent
125 Thunderbird Dr a – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-3379 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eric Kent
5909 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 587-0292 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be independent are not employed by any specific company so as a result can place your coverage through lots of different companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage and you don’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you need to include rate quotes from several independent insurance agents to have the most options to choose from. Many write coverage with companies that do not advertise much which may have better rates.
Shown below is a list of independent agents in El Paso that can give you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Pinon and Associates Financial Corporation
1515 E Missouri Ave – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 857-6890 – View Map
- Red Rock Insurance Agency
9109 Dyer St f – El Paso, TX 79924 – (915) 759-9000 – View Map
- Asegura Insurance Agency
1155 N Zaragoza Rd #105 – El Paso, TX 79907 – (915) 613-4800 – View Map
Once you have reasonable responses to your questions as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have found a car insurance agent that can be relied on to insure your vehicles.
Don’t give up on affordable rates
When you buy El Paso auto insurance online, it’s very important that you do not buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price.
People who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests and high prices. No matter why you want to switch, switching companies is less work than it seems.
Budget-conscious Jeep Patriot insurance is definitely available from both online companies as well as from independent agents in El Paso, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance providers may not have the ability to get a quote online and usually these smaller companies sell through independent agencies.
How to buy discount Jeep Patriot insurance in El Paso
The most effective way to get cheaper Jeep Patriot insurance in El Paso is to compare prices annually from providers in Texas.
Step 1: Learn about how car insurance works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that increase rates like accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit score can be improved by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
An essential thing to point out is to make sure you enter identical coverages on every price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as feasibly possible. This provides a fair rate comparison and a better comparison of the market.
More learning opportunities
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Automakers compete to add autobraking (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Safety Belts FAQ (iihs.org)