Unbelievable but true according to a study the vast majority of drivers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for well over three years, and nearly the majority have never taken the time to shop around. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers can save 46.5% each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand the big savings they would realize if they switched.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to save money on Hyundai Veloster insurance in El Paso is to begin comparing prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Texas. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- First, spend a few minutes and learn about coverages and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit history can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover instructions to get low prices and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Second, compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is to try to use identical coverage information on each price quote and and to get rates from every company you can. Doing this guarantees the most accurate price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Just remember that comparing more rates from different companies increases the chance that you will find the best offered rates. Some smaller insurers do not give El Paso Veloster insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s important to compare quotes from them, too.
The following companies provide comparison quotes in Texas. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Here’s why car insurance is not optional
Even though El Paso Veloster insurance rates can get expensive, paying for car insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific level of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Hyundai Veloster, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Hyundai for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for the expensive policy.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America is overpaying more than $865 each year so compare rate quotes at least once a year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Cheaper El Paso auto insurance rates with discounts
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might find some hidden discounts to reduce the price significantly. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be requested specifically in order for you to get them. If you do not double check each discount available, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Organization Discounts – Joining a civic or occupational organization in El Paso could earn you a nice discount when shopping for auto insurance.
- Driver Safety – Passing a course teaching driver safety skills could cut 5% off your bill if your company offers it.
- Multi-car Discount – Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same company could earn a price break for each car.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Larger companies have a lower rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Seat Belts Save – Forcing all vehicle occupants to fasten their seat belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- New Vehicle Savings – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
A little disclaimer on discounts, many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts will bring down your policy cost.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are included below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include defensive driving training, passive restraint, good driver, student away at school, driver’s education, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Progressive may include discounts for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- Progressive has discounts for multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- MetLife discounts include defensive driver, good student, claim-free, accident-free, and good driver.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, renewal discount, good student, driver training, and youthful driver.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, daytime running lights, anti-lock brakes, multi-vehicle, anti-theft, air bags, and good student.
- SAFECO offers discounts including homeowner, anti-theft, bundle discounts, accident prevention training, drive less, and anti-lock brakes.
If you need low cost El Paso auto insurance quotes, ask all the companies to give you their best rates. Some credits may not apply to policies in El Paso. To see companies with the best Hyundai Veloster insurance discounts in El Paso, follow this link.
Insurance agencies near you
Some people would rather go talk to an agent and we recommend doing that One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find cheap insurance rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from small agencies is important particularly in El Paso.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area who want to provide quotes for your business. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance provider, you can always jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you prefer to buy insurance from local El Paso agents, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agents are categorized either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not write with just one company and that gives them the ability to insure with multiple insurance companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If premiums increase, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to switch agencies.
When comparing rate quotes, you should always get several quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most also have access to mutual insurance companies which can save you money.
Below is a list of independent agencies in El Paso who may be able to give you cheap rate quotes.
- Mount Franklin Insurance Agency
2931 George Dieter Dr – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 599-2900 – View Map
- American Agency Insurance
5959 Gateway Blvd W #533 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 772-7766 – View Map
- Flor and Associates Insurance Agency
1005 E Yandell Dr – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 996-9799 – View Map
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. These agents are not able to place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agencies are well schooled in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price. Some people will only buy from exclusive agents mostly because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in El Paso willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Tomas Casillas – State Farm Insurance Agent
1568 Joe Battle Blvd #104 – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 857-4959 – View Map
- Paul Rosales – State Farm Insurance Agent
2731 Montana Ave c – El Paso, TX 79903 – (915) 566-3933 – View Map
- Terry Chaumont – State Farm Insurance Agent
11660 Montwood Dr i – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 856-1200 – View Map
Finding the right auto insurance agent shouldn’t rely on just the price. Any agent in El Paso should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in El Paso?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
When to get professional advice
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage online or from an agent for your personal vehicles, there is no “perfect” insurance plan. Everyone’s situation is unique so your insurance should reflect that
For instance, these questions can help discover whether you could use an agent’s help.
- What is an adequate liability insurance limit?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is the premium to book value ratio for dropping full coverage?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Where can I find high-risk insurance?
- When would I need additional glass coverage?
- What is an SR-22 filing?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Persistence is the key to cheap rates
Cheaper insurance in El Paso is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should compare price quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance providers do not provide online rate quotes and many times these regional insurance providers provide coverage only through independent agents.
We just covered many ideas to get a better price on Hyundai Veloster insurance in El Paso. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Consumers could even find that the biggest savings come from a smaller regional carrier. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
To learn more, feel free to browse the following helpful articles: