Want to learn how to buy more competitive Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in El Paso? Paying for overpriced Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in El Paso can sap your accounts and put the squeeze on your family’s finances. Comparison shopping can help to reduce premiums and put more money in your pocket.
Anyone knows that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who compare price quotes will most likely buy a different policy because they have good chances of finding discount prices. A recent survey discovered that consumers who compared rates once a year saved as much as $3,400 over four years compared to those who never compared prices.
If finding the cheapest price on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance is why you’re here, then having an understanding of how to get price quotes and compare coverages can help you succeed in saving money.
How to find cheaper quotes for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in El Paso
The best way we recommend to find affordable quotes for auto insurance rates in El Paso is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Texas.
- Get an understanding of individual coverages and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates like distracted driving and a negative credit score can be remedied by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. Find an El Paso insurance agent
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One thing to point out is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Insurance companies such as Progressive, GEICO and Farmers Insurance all claim big savings, bombarding you with advertising and it can be hard to not get sucked in by the cute commercials and effectively compare rates to find the best deal.
You should make it a habit to do rate comparisons quite often because prices tend to go up over time. Despite the fact that you may have had the best price on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in El Paso a few years ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re going to get a crash course in the only way to properly buy coverages and cut your premium.
Why You Might Pay Inflated Rates in El Paso
Lots of factors are used in the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like an MVR report, but other factors are not quite as obvious such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. An important part of buying insurance is that you know the rating factors that come into play when calculating car insurance rates. If you have some idea of what impacts premium levels, this enables you to make decisions that could result in much lower annual insurance costs.
Traffic violations drive up rates – Even one driving citation can increase rates twenty percent or more. Careful drivers have lower premiums than their less careful counterparts. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations like hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find they need to submit a SR-22 form with their state DMV in order to keep their license.
The chart below illustrates how traffic citations and accident claims can impact Dodge Ram 2500 car insurance costs for different insured age categories. The rates are based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
- Lower premiums with theft deterrents – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can get you a discount on your car insurance. Anti-theft devices like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent auto theft.
Prices for males may be higher – Statistics show women are more cautious behind the wheel. The data does not necessarily mean that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females get in fender benders at about the same rate, but guys cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also get higher numbers of serious violations like DUI and reckless driving.
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 premium costs for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or claims, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
- Car insurance policy lapses lead to higher prices – Not having insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher premiums, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a license revocation or jail time. You may then have to provide proof of insurance in the form of an SR-22 filing with the Texas DMV.
- Combine policies with the same company – Most companies will award lower prices to clients that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare other El Paso Ram 2500 insurance rates to guarantee you are still saving the most. You may still save even more by buying insurance from more than one company.
Coverage statistics and figures
The premium information shown next showcases different insurance premium costs for Dodge Ram 2500 models. Having insight into how insurance policy premiums are formulated can assist in making smart choices when selecting a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$288||$594||$414||$24||$124||$1,444||$120|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$288||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,532||$128|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$288||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,532||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$288||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,532||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 2WD||$288||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,532||$128|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$288||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,532||$128|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$322||$594||$414||$24||$124||$1,478||$123|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 2WD||$322||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,566||$131|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 2WD||$322||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,566||$131|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$322||$594||$414||$24||$124||$1,478||$123|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$322||$594||$414||$24||$124||$1,478||$123|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 2WD||$322||$772||$414||$24||$124||$1,656||$138|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 2WD||$322||$772||$414||$24||$124||$1,656||$138|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab ST 4WD||$322||$594||$414||$24||$124||$1,478||$123|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$322||$594||$414||$24||$124||$1,478||$123|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$322||$594||$414||$24||$124||$1,478||$123|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab SLT 4WD||$354||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,598||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab SLT 4WD||$354||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,598||$133|
|Ram 2500 Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$354||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,598||$133|
|Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie 4WD||$354||$682||$414||$24||$124||$1,598||$133|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Information does not factor in your specific El Paso location which can decrease or increase premiums noticeably.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Dodge Ram 2500 insurance prices with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The data assumes no claims or driving citations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
When to stop buying physical damage coverage
There is no definitive guideline for excluding full coverage on your policy, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Dodge Ram 2500 replacement cost is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, you would only receive $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If you are paying more than $300 a year to have full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where removing full coverage is not a good plan. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Save money on Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in El Paso with these insurance discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there could be available discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. A few discounts will automatically apply at quote time, but a few must be asked about prior to receiving the credit. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower rates.
- Student Driver Training – Cut your cost by having your teen driver successfully take a driver’s education course if offered at their school.
- No Claims – Good drivers with no accidents can earn big discounts when compared to frequent claim filers.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies give discounts for switching companies early. You may see this discount when you get El Paso auto insurance quotes online.
- Good Students Pay Less – This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up until you turn 25.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles can qualify you for better insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Telematics Devices – Policyholders that allow their company to track driving habits by using a telematics device such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Most only cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
The diagram below shows the comparison of Dodge Ram 2500 insurance rates with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no violations or accidents, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be found below.
- State Farm has savings for good driver, defensive driving training, accident-free, passive restraint, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and good student.
- Esurance offers discounts including safety device, homeowner, Pac-12 alumni, multi-policy, Switch & Save, and good driver.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-policy, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly retired, multi-policy, new graduate, newly married, and teen driver discount.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for paperless, multiple vehicles, company car, air bags, and safe vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, membership and employees, defensive driver, good student, and anti-theft.
Before buying, ask each insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply in every state. To locate insurance companies who offer cheap Dodge Ram 2500 insurance quotes in El Paso, click here to view.
Affordable coverage is out there
Some auto insurance companies do not offer the ability to get a quote online and these small insurance companies sell through independent agents. Budget-conscious Dodge Ram 2500 insurance can be found from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to compare Dodge Ram 2500 insurance car insurance rates in El Paso. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting the cheapest Dodge Ram 2500 rate quotes. You may even find the most savings is with a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower premium rates than their larger competitors like Allstate and Progressive.
Steps to finding better rates for Dodge Ram 2500 insurance in El Paso
The preferred way to get discount auto insurance rates in El Paso is to start comparing prices yearly from different companies who can sell car insurance in Texas. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent high rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like speeding tickets, accidents and a lousy credit rating can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a better price, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to the new company. Immediately put the certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to make sure you enter the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and and to get price estimates from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
Additional information can be read below: