Really, the only way to get budget auto insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from companies in El Paso. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Learn about how insurance works and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price like speeding tickets, accidents and a not-so-good credit score can be rectified by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for instructions to help prevent high rates and find discounts that may have been missed.
- Step 2: Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies.
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing coverage to see if cheaper Captiva Sport coverage is available in El Paso. If you find a lower rate, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
A tip to remember is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get price estimates from as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s an obvious statement that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices will most likely buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding lower prices. A study discovered that people who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved on average $3,500 over four years compared to people who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in El Paso is your objective, then learning about the best way to shop and compare coverages can help make the process easier.
This article’s goal is to teach you a little about the best way to buy inexpensive insurance and some money-saving tips. If you’re already insured, you should be able to reduce the price you pay using the ideas covered in this article. But Texas drivers must comprehend how big insurance companies calculate your policy premium and use this information to your advantage.
Buy El Paso Chevy Captiva Sport insurance online
The are a couple different ways to obtain and compare prices from lots of Texas auto insurance companies. The quickest method to lower the rate you pay for Chevy Captiva Sport insurance involves getting comparison quotes online. Just keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding better pricing. Some companies don’t provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare quotes from them, too.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Cheap El Paso insurance rates with discounts
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might be missing out on some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Certain credits will be shown at the time you complete a quote, but some must be manually applied prior to receiving the credit.
- Anti-theft Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency so companies will give you a small discount.
- Air Bag Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts may qualify for discounts as much as 30%.
- No Accidents – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates compared to accident-prone drivers.
- Early Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for renewing your policy prior to your current Captiva Sport insurance policy expiring. It’s a savings of about 10%.
Remember that some of the credits will not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy. But any discount will definitely lower your insurance premiums.
Some of the larger companies that may include some of the discounts shown above possibly include:
If you need lower rates, check with every prospective company the best way to save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in your area. To see providers that have a full spectrum of discounts in El Paso, click here to view.
Car insurance agents are trained to help
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about price shopping on the web is you can get lower prices and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in El Paso.
After filling out this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents that provide free El Paso car insurance quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find better rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
If you are wanting to find a local agent, you should know the types of insurance agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. El Paso agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you need to get rate quotes from a couple of independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers which may have better rates.
The following is a small list of independent agencies in El Paso who can help you get pricing information.
- Texas Auto Insurance Agency
1491 Lee Trevino Dr # G – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 594-4400 – View Map
- Red Rock Insurance Agency
9109 Dyer St f – El Paso, TX 79924 – (915) 759-9000 – View Map
- Rey Estrada Insurance
6999 Montana Ave – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 771-9193 – View Map
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with and examples are Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents receive extensive training on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some people will only choose to use an exclusive agent mainly due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso willing to provide comparison quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Oscar Arrieta
1701 Lee Trevino Dr b – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 593-1268 – View Map
- Carlos Robles – State Farm Insurance Agent
12025 Rojas Dr Ste E – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 856-7758 – View Map
- Rafael Martinez – State Farm Insurance Agent
7211 N Mesa St #2w – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-3276 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agent requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. The following questions are important to ask.
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
- How long has their agency been open in El Paso?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Does their agency support local causes in El Paso?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
Which is the best car insurance?
When choosing your policy for your vehicles, there really isn’t a one size fits all plan. You are unique.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs would benefit from professional advice.
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Should I buy additional glass protection?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Do I need higher collision deductibles?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Does my policy cover my teen driver if they drive my company car?
- Exactly who is provided coverage by my policy?
- Can I make deliveries for my home business?
- Will I be non-renewed for getting a DUI or other conviction?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but one or more may apply to you, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
Informed Consumers Know How to Quote Auto Insurance More Affordably
Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that help calculate the price you pay for auto insurance. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this enables informed choices that could help you find lower rates.
The following are some of the most common factors companies use to determine prices.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Many insurance companies provide discounts to policyholders that buy multiple policies in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, you still need to check prices from other companies to confirm you are receiving the best rates possible.
- Premiums and your address – Living in less populated areas of the country has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Drivers who live in large cities tend to have traffic congestion and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Do you really need to file those policy claims? – Auto insurance companies in Texas provide discounts to drivers who do not file claims often. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is intended for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Costs are impacted by vehicle performance – The make and model of the vehicle you are insuring makes a significant difference in your premium level. Economy passenger models usually have the lowest premiums, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
- Careless drivers pay higher premiums – Drivers with clean records pay lower auto insurance prices as compared to careless drivers. Only having one chargeable violation may increase your cost forty percent or more. Drivers with flagrant violations such as DWI, reckless driving or hit and run convictions might be required by their state to prove financial responsibility with their state in order to continue driving.
- Is you occupation costing you more? – Occupational choices like military generals, social workers, and financial analysts tend to have higher premium rates because of high stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, occupations such as farmers, historians and performers pay the least.
- High physical damage deductibles equal low rates – The deductibles you choose tell how much the insured will be required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. Physical damage protection, also called ‘full coverage’, protects your car from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be rear-ending another vehicle, fire damage, and having a roll-over accident. The more expense the insured has to pay upfront, the lower your rates will be.
- Gender as a rate factor – Over time, data shows women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. They both are responsible for auto accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species tend to have higher claims. Men also statistically get higher numbers of serious violations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are most likely to cause an accident and therefore pay the highest rates.
Loss probability for a Chevy Captiva Sport – Auto insurance companies use statistical claims data to help determine the rate you pay. Models that statistically have high amounts or severity of claims will have a higher cost to insure. The table below outlines the insurance loss data for Chevy Captiva Sport vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Values that are under 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while percentage numbers above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have higher losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Chevrolet Captiva Sport Models Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Chevrolet Captiva Sport 4dr 2WD 89 95 88 123 115 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Why auto insurance is not optional
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in El Paso, auto insurance is required by state law in Texas and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability protection in order to drive the car. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Chevy has a loan, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may insure your Chevy at a significantly higher premium and require you to fork over for it.
- Auto insurance protects your Chevy and your assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also covers legal expenses if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of insuring your Captiva Sport greatly outweigh the cost, especially when you need to use it. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is overpaying more than $700 annually so you should quote and compare rates once a year at a minimum to make sure the price is not too high.
Texas auto insurance companies ranked
Insuring your vehicle with the right company can be a challenge considering how many companies sell insurance in El Paso. The company ratings below may help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Compare. Compare. Compare.
Consumers change insurance companies for many reasons like high rates after DUI convictions, denial of a claim, delays in responding to claim requests and even high prices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company can be easier than you think.
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many situations where an insured cut liability coverage limits only to discover later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your aim should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, not the least amount of coverage.
Some auto insurance companies may not offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through independent agencies. Lower-priced auto insurance in El Paso is possible online as well as from independent agents in El Paso, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas can be read at the links below