Really, the only way to find cheaper Chevy Sonic insurance is to do an annual price comparison from companies in El Paso. Drivers can shop around by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as at-fault accidents, speeding tickets, and poor credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for additional tips to lower rates and find additional discounts.
- Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for many different companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in El Paso. If you find a lower rate, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Immediately put the new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you use similar coverage information on each quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Sadly, the majority of drivers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 38% of consumers have never even compared quotes to find cheap rates. Most drivers in Texas could save themselves almost 70% a year by just shopping around, but they just don’t understand how easy it is to go online and compare rates.
If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to find better prices using the ideas covered in this article. Choosing the best rates in El Paso is not rocket science. But Texas car owners can benefit from knowing the way insurance companies sell online because rates are impacted by many factors.
Many insurance companies like State Farm and Allstate allow you to get insurance quotes on their websites. This process is quite simple as you simply enter the coverage amounts you desire into the quote form. Once you submit the form, the system pulls your driving record and credit report and quotes a price based on these and other factors. This makes comparing rates easy, and it’s very important to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find cheaper prices.
If you want to compare pricing, take a look at the companies shown below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you input coverages and limits as shown on your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will receive rate quotes for exact coverage.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in El Paso, TX. If more than one company is shown, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discounts can help lower rates on Chevy Sonic insurance in El Paso
Some insurers do not advertise all possible discounts very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known and also the more inconspicuous credits that may apply to you.
- Pay Early and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than paying in monthly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims pay less as opposed to accident-prone drivers.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you may qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Factory options such as air bags can get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote El Paso auto insurance but check with your company.
- Theft Deterrent System – Cars and trucks that have factory anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from El Paso without a vehicle on campus can receive lower rates.
- Home Ownership Discount – Just being a homeowner can get you a discount because it requires personal responsibility.
- Paperless Signup – Many companies provide a small discount for signing up on the web.
Don’t be surprised that many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only reduce individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free insurance policy, companies don’t profit that way.
A list of insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for air bags, theft prevention, student driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive may have discounts that include continuous coverage, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, multi-policy, and online signing.
- State Farm includes discounts for good driver, accident-free, multiple autos, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- Nationwide has savings for multi-policy, accident-free, defensive driving, anti-theft, easy pay, good student, and family plan.
- Esurance may offer discounts for emergency road assistance, online quote, online shopper, renters, anti-theft, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford discounts include driver training, good student, defensive driver, air bag, and bundle.
It’s a good idea to ask each company which credits you are entitled to. A few discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. To view insurance companies who offer discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Ratings for El Paso auto insurance companies
Choosing a good quality insurance company can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in El Paso. The ranking data in the next section may help you pick which car insurance companies to look at comparing rates from.
|Company||Value||Customer Service||Claims||Customer Satisfaction||A.M Best Rating||Overall Score|
|Compare Rates Now Go|
Data Source: Insure.com Best Car Insurance Companies
Why Smart Buyers Pay Less for Chevy Sonic Insurance
Multiple criteria are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are less obvious such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the rating factors that go into determining your premiums. If you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that may result in big savings.
Insurance rates in urban areas – Choosing to live in areas with lower population can save you money when talking about auto insurance. Drivers who live in large cities have to deal with congested traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer drivers on the road means a lower chance of having an accident in addition to lower liability claims.
More performance means higher prices – The performance level of the vehicle you are insuring makes a big difference in your premium level. The lowest base rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but your final cost has many other factors.
Marriage equates to better premiums – Your spouse actually saves money when shopping for auto insurance. Marriage may mean you are more financially stable and statistics prove drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
Older drivers pay less – More mature drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and are safer drivers. Teenage drivers are proven to get distracted easily when behind the wheel therefore auto insurance rates are much higher.
Liability coverage – Your auto insurance policy’s liability coverage is the protection when you are responsible for damages from an accident. Liability insurance provides legal defense coverage starting from day one. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared to the cost of physical damage coverage, so drivers should carry high limits.
File insurance claims and pay more – Car insurance companies in Texas award the best rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. If you frequently file small claims, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
Bad credit will cost you – A driver’s credit history is a big factor in your rate calculation. Drivers who have good credit tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with worse credit. Therefore, if your credit rating is low, you could be paying less to insure your Chevrolet Sonic by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Your stress level may be raising your rates – Did you know your job can affect your rates? Jobs like military personnel, architects, and accountants generally have the highest rates due to intense work-related stress and extremely grueling work hours. On the flip side, professions such as actors, engineers and performers receive lower rates.
Chevy Sonic statistical loss data – Insurers use historical loss data when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher loss trends will have increased rates. The data below shows the loss history for Chevy Sonic vehicles.
For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, is considered to be 100. Numbers under 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentages above 100 point to more claims or larger claims.
|Vehicle Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years