A recent auto insurance study discovered that nearly 70% of customers have bought auto insurance from the same company for over three years, and 38% of customers have never even compared rates from other companies. American insurance shoppers could cut their rates by about $850 a year, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
The best way we recommend to find affordable quotes for Lexus GS 200t insurance in El Paso is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who can sell car insurance in Texas.
- Take a little time to learn about policy coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a better price, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Provide notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, put the certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get price estimates from as many carriers as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and a good representation of prices.
Comparison shopping for the lowest cost auto insurance coverage in El Paso is simple if you know the tricks. In a nutshell, each driver who has to buy auto insurance stands a good chance to find lower prices. Although Texas drivers can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies calculate your auto insurance rates and use it to your advantage.
To find the best auto insurance quotes, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from different El Paso insurance companies. One of the best ways to find cheaper Lexus GS 200t rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing all the rates in your area will increase your chances of finding the best rates.
The companies in the list below provide free quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Score discounts on El Paso auto insurance
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available to help bring down the price. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but once in a while a discount must be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can save you money since home ownership is proof that your finances are in order.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having multiple cars or trucks on a single policy qualifies for this discount.
- Payment Method – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
- Paperwork-free – Many companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Telematics Data – Policyholders that allow companies to track when and where they use their vehicle by using a telematics device such as State Farm’s In-Drive could possibly reduce rates if their driving habits are good.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents could pay up to 40% less than their less cautious counterparts.
- Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on your bill.
- Discount for Swiching Early – A few companies allow discounts for signing up before your current GS 200t insurance policy expires. The savings is around 10%.
- College Student Discount – College-age children who attend college more than 100 miles from El Paso and won’t have access to an insured vehicle may qualify for this discount.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military could mean lower premium rates.
A quick disclaimer, some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Despite the appearance that adding up those discounts means a free policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
A list of auto insurance companies and a selection of discounts are shown below.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- AAA has savings for multi-policy, good student, good driver, pay-in-full, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for distant student, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, multi-car, and pay in full.
- GEICO may offer discounts for defensive driver, federal employee, daytime running lights, good student, and anti-theft.
- Esurance discounts include anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, paid-in-full, DriveSense, and claim free.
- SAFECO offers discounts including safe driver, drive less, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm has discounts for good student, student away at school, accident-free, good driver, driver’s education, and defensive driving training.
Check with every insurance company how many discounts you can get. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not apply to policyholders in your area.
Get Cheap Auto Insurance with These Tips
Multiple criteria are taken into consideration when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, although some other factors are less apparent such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. It’s important that you understand the rating factors that are used to determine the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could result in lower rates.
The list below includes just a few of the factors used by your company to calculate your prices.
Insurance rates for married couples – Getting married can get you a discount compared to being single. Marriage may mean you are more mature than a single person and it’s proven that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Liability protection is critical – The liability coverage on your policy will provide protection if ever you are responsible for damages caused by your negligence. Liability provides legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so buy as much as you can afford.
No policy gaps is important – Allowing your coverage to lapse is a sure-fire way to increase your rates. Not only will you pay more, getting caught without coverage can result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the Texas DMV.
Too many policy claims drive up premiums – Auto insurance companies in Texas provide the best rates to drivers who do not file claims often. If you file claims often, you can pretty much guarantee increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
When should I have guidance from a local insurance agent?
Certain consumers prefer to buy from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent. And supporting neighborhood insurance agencies is important particularly in El Paso.
After filling out this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to local insurance agents in El Paso who will return price quotes to get your business. You won’t even need to drive around because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. You’ll get the best rates without requiring a lot of work. If you wish to compare rates from a specific company, you can always search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you would like to find a reliable agent, it’s important to understand the different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Agents in El Paso are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents do not work for one specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage through lots of different companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a lower price, an independent agent can move your coverage which requires no work on your part. If you are comparing car insurance prices, we recommend you check rates from independent agents in order to compare the most rates. Many can place coverage with additional companies that you may not be familiar with which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in El Paso that may be able to provide comparison quotes.
- Home Insurance Agency
1760 Airway Blvd – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 771-8552 – View Map
- Desert West Insurance: Lavelle Michael
7500 Viscount Suite 101 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (830) 534-9623 – View Map
- Sellers Insurance Agency
6356 Edgemere Blvd – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 778-5463 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agents
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are Allstate and State Farm. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive insurance agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agencies in El Paso that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: Oscar Arrieta
1701 Lee Trevino Dr b – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 593-1268 – View Map
- Paul Rosales – State Farm Insurance Agent
2731 Montana Ave c – El Paso, TX 79903 – (915) 566-3933 – View Map
- Elizabeth Campos – State Farm Insurance Agent
9411 Alameda Ave o – El Paso, TX 79907 – (915) 860-7980 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agency should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Are there any discounts that you might be missing?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Which company do they place the most coverage with?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
When it comes to buying the best car insurance coverage, there really is no cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different.
For example, these questions might point out whether your personal situation would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Can I afford to pay high deductible claims out of pocket?
- What does UM/UIM cover?
- Does liability extend to a camper or trailer?
- Should I waive the damage coverage when renting a car?
- Is my state a no-fault state?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Should I drop comprehensive coverage on older vehicles?
- Do I need special coverage while pulling a rented trailer?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form.
Best auto insurance in Texas
Selecting the right insurer can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Texas. The information below can help you decide which providers you want to consider purchasing a policy from.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Overall
- Mercury Insurance
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Safeco Insurance
Find affordable rates by being thorough
Consumers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, not issuing a premium refund, poor customer service and an unsatisfactory settlement offer. Whatever your reason, switching companies is easier than you think.
A few companies don’t offer online quoting and most of the time these small, regional companies only sell through independent insurance agents. The cheapest Lexus GS 200t insurance in El Paso is attainable online and with local El Paso insurance agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates.
We just presented some good ideas how you can save on Lexus GS 200t insurance in El Paso. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. You may even find the best price on auto insurance is with a lesser-known regional company.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas can be read at the links below