Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Insureds who shop for lower prices are highly likely to move their business because there is a significant possibility of finding a policy with more affordable rates. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who compared prices regularly saved about $72 a month compared to people who never compared prices.
If saving money on insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some insight into the best way to compare cheaper coverage can save money and time.
To save the most money, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Ford Focus insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies who can sell car insurance in El Paso. You can compare prices by completing these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many things that drive up the price such as speeding and a low credit rating can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you have the new policy, put the certificate of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
One tip to remember is to try to compare the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair rate comparison and and a good selection of different prices.
If you have a current auto insurance policy or are just looking to switch companies, you can use this information to find better prices while maintaining coverages. Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in El Paso is much easier if you have a good place to start. Drivers just have to use the tricks to find the lowest price on the web.
Cutting your El Paso auto insurance rates can be quick and easy. The only thing you need to do is take time to compare rates online with multiple companies.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it replaces the need to call or drive to all the different El Paso insurance agencies. Buying insurance online eliminates the need for an insurance agent unless your situation requires the peace of mind of a local agency. Although, it is possible comparison shop online but purchase the actual policy in an agency.
The providers in the list below can provide free rate quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple companies are shown, we recommend you compare several of them to get the lowest price.
Buying the right Ford vehicle insurance in Texas is an important decision
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Focus in El Paso, maintaining insurance serves a purpose in several ways.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific level of liability if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Focus, it’s guaranteed your bank will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your Ford Focus but also your assets. It also can pay for medical expenses for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates once a year at a minimum to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance analysis for a Ford Focus
The data table displayed next outlines a range of insurance prices for Ford Focus models. Being aware of how insurance policy premiums are determined can aid in making smart policy decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$392||$430||$26||$128||$1,156||$96|
|Focus SE 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$392||$430||$26||$128||$1,156||$96|
|Focus SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,226||$102|
|Focus SES 4-Dr Sedan||$180||$462||$430||$26||$128||$1,226||$102|
|Focus SE 2-Dr Coupe||$206||$462||$486||$28||$146||$1,328||$111|
|Focus SES 2-Dr Coupe||$206||$462||$486||$28||$146||$1,328||$111|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in vehicle location which can lower or raise premium rates considerably.
Ford Focus insurance costs by age and gender
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford Focus premium costs for male and female drivers. The information is based on no accidents or driving violations, full coverage, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Do you need full coverage?
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Ford Focus insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The rates are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no written rule of when to drop full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Focus claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If premium cost is more than $600 annually for your policy with full coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few situations where dropping physical damage coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage to protect the lienholder’s interest. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
Cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some companies don’t always publicize every available discount very well, so below is a list a few of the more well known and the more hidden auto insurance savings.
- Distant College Student Discount – Youth drivers living away from El Paso attending college and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Insureds without accidents can save as much as half off their rates compared to accident prone drivers.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company you may earn nearly 15% which can help you find inexpensive Ford Focus insurance in El Paso.
As a sidenote, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the appearance that you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts should help lower the premium cost.
The example below shows the comparison of Ford Focus auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The rate quotes are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
To view companies who offer free Ford Focus insurance quotes in Texas, click this link.
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When it comes to buying your policy for your personal vehicles, there really is not a cookie cutter policy. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
For example, these questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does medical payments coverage apply to all occupants?
- Is my Ford Focus covered for smoke damage?
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in El Paso?
- Can I get a multi-policy discount for packaging my home and auto coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and can provide invaluable advice.