Comparing and finding more affordable prices for Buick Regal insurance in El Paso can seem to be frustrating for drivers new to comparison shopping online. With literally dozens of online companies, it can be a real challenge to find cheaper rates in Texas.
How to buy lower priced Buick Regal insurance in El Paso
The best way we recommend to get cheaper car insurance rates is to compare quotes annually from providers that insure vehicles in El Paso. You can compare prices by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be amended by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find a lower rate, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Notify your company or agent to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment to your new agent or company. Make sure you place the new certificate verifying coverage with your vehicle’s registration.
An essential thing to point out is that you use the same coverage limits and deductibles on every quote and and to get prices from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this ensures the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who do rate comparisons will presumably switch to a new company because of the good chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who compared rates once a year saved over $3,450 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly auto insurance is why you’re reading this, then learning about how to get price quotes and compare cheaper coverage can make it simple to find affordable coverage.
It’s smart to take a look at other company’s rates as often as possible because rates are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you found the best deal on Buick Regal insurance in El Paso six months ago there is a good chance you can find better prices now. You can find a lot of wrong information about Regal insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some solid techniques on how to slash your car insurance rates in El Paso.
This information will teach you a little about how to effectively get price quotes and how to save the most money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to lower your rates using the ideas presented in this article. Nevertheless, Texas consumers can benefit by having an understanding of the way insurance companies price insurance differently and use it to find better rates.
How Your Regal Insurance Prices are Determined
Multiple criteria are used in the calculation when you get a price on insurance. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but some are less obvious such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- Rates also based on gender – Statistics have proven that females tend to be a little less risky than males. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are WORSE drivers than women. Men and women cause fender benders at about the same rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only are claims higher, but men receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving. Male drivers age 16 to 19 cause the most accidents and are penalized with high auto insurance rates.
- City dwellers may pay more – Living in less populated areas is a good thing when buying auto insurance. People who live in big cities tend to have more traffic problems and more severe claims. Less people corresponds to lower accident rates in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Low mileage costs less – The higher the miles on your Buick every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos that sit idle most of the time receive better premium rates than vehicles that have high annual mileage. Incorrect rating for your Regal may be costing you. Ask your agent if your policy states the correct driver usage.
- Premiums are affected by your credit score – An insured’s credit history factor in calculating your auto insurance rates. People with high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than those with lower credit scores. If your credit is low, you could save money insuring your Buick Regal if you improve your credit rating.
- Never let your auto insurance policy lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage can be a guaranteed way to drive up your policy premiums. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a revoked license or a big fine.
Buick Regal claim probability – Car insurance companies use claims history when they calculate premium rates for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have a higher premium rate. The table shown below demonstrates the loss history for Buick Regal vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together is considered to be 100. Values that are under 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent losses or larger claims.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Buick Regal Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Regal 2WD 96 92 82 104 94 97 Buick Regal 4WD 113 87BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
When shopping for affordable El Paso auto insurance quotes, there are a couple of ways to compare rate quotes from car insurance companies in your area. One of the best ways to compare Buick Regal insurance prices consists of shopping online. Just keep in mind that comparing all the rates in your area increases the chance that you will find lower pricing.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. If several companies are displayed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Auto insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Buick Regal insurance, paying for auto insurance serves an important purpose.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Buick, it’s guaranteed your bank will force you to buy insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Buick for a lot more money and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves both your assets and your vehicle. It also can pay for medical bills for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you have damage to your Buick as the result of the weather or an accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance definitely exceed the price paid, especially when you need to use it. According to a recent study, the average American driver is overpaying more than $700 annually so compare rates every year to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Insurance quotes and discounts
Car insurance is not cheap, but you may qualify for discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts apply automatically at quote time, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before they will apply.
- Payment Discounts – By making one initial payment as opposed to paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger companies may give you up to $50 simply for signing on their website.
- Discount for Good Grades – Performing well in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you well after school through age 25.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or motorized seat belts may get savings of up to 25% or more.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Seniors may be able to get better insurance rates.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with the same company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. Even though it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies aren’t that generous.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are:
- The Hartford may have discounts that include good student, anti-theft, bundle, vehicle fuel type, air bag, driver training, and defensive driver.
- American Family may include discounts for TimeAway discount, multi-vehicle, Steer into Savings, early bird, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Travelers policyholders can earn discounts including early quote, good student, payment discounts, continuous insurance, and multi-car.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for pay in full, electronic funds transfer, early shopping, alternative fuel, homeowner, and switch companies.
- USAA may offer discounts for family discount, driver training, loyalty savings, new vehicle, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including new vehicle discount, good student, new move discount, multi-policy, hybrid vehicle, and newly married.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts listed above might not apply in El Paso. If you would like to view insurers with the best Buick Regal insurance discounts in El Paso, click here.
Insurance agent or online?
A small number of people still like to talk to a local agent and there is nothing wrong with that. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. Supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in El Paso.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to insurance agents in El Paso that can give you free El Paso auto insurance quotes to get your business. There is no reason to find an agent since price quotes are sent to you directly. Get lower rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you have a need to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Any good agent in El Paso should know the answers to these questions.
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- How is replacement cost determined on your vehicle?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
The lowest rates come from being thorough
Drivers switch companies for a variety of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high prices, questionable increases in premium and poor customer service. No matter why you want to switch, switching insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
As you quote El Paso auto insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many cases, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and found out when filing a claim they didn’t have enough coverage. The ultimate goal is to buy enough coverage at the lowest possible cost and still be able to protect your assets.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can save on Buick Regal insurance in El Paso. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
How to save money on Buick Regal insurance in El Paso
The preferred way to get more affordable car insurance rates in El Paso is to start comparing rates regularly from providers who can sell car insurance in Texas. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to comprehend what is in your policy and the measures you can control to prevent high rates. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like speeding tickets, careless driving and an unacceptable credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing rates to determine if you can save on Regal insurance. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Step 4: Tell your current company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Make sure you safely store the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
The most important part of shopping around is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and many rates to choose from.
More information is located at the links below
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How to shop for a safer car (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Protecting Teens from Drunk Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- New Honda safety features benefit drivers of all ages (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)