Smart shoppers know that insurance companies don’t want you to look for cheaper rates. People who shop around for the cheapest rate will presumably switch companies because there is a great chance of finding a lower-priced company. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared rates annually saved over $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around.
If finding discount rates on auto insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some insight into how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can help you succeed in finding affordable rates.
The recommended way to find cheaper quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in El Paso is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in Texas. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Gain an understanding of how insurance works and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional tips to help find cheaper rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in El Paso. If you find better rates and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to compare the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get prices from every insurance company. This provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
Locating the best rates in El Paso is easy if you know what you’re doing. In a nutshell, every car owner who needs lower cost car insurance will find a lower price. But Texas consumers can benefit from knowing how companies determine premium rates because it varies considerably.
Where can I get cheap El Paso Jeep Cherokee insurance?
The majority of larger companies like State Farm and Allstate allow consumers to get prices direct online. Doing online quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in El Paso can be done by anyone because you just enter the amount of coverage you want into the quote form. Behind the scenes, the company’s rating system sends out for your driving record and credit report and returns a price.
Using the web to get quotes for Jeep Cherokee insurance in El Paso helps simplify price comparisons, and it’s very important to get many rate quotes if you want to find the best possible rates on car insurance.
If you want to compare pricing, compare rates now from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended you complete the form with the coverage information just like they are on your policy. This way, you will be getting a rate comparison using the exact same coverages.
The following companies are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you click on several of them to get the most competitive price.
Three reasons to insure your Jeep Cherokee
Despite the high cost, auto insurance is required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Jeep at a much higher rate and force you to pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Auto insurance preserves your Jeep Cherokee and your assets. Insurance will pay for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your Jeep gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. Despite what companies tell you, the average driver is wasting up to $750 every year so you should quote rates at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine Jeep Cherokee Insurance Prices?
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing some of the factors that aid in calculating the rates you pay for car insurance. When you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this helps enable you to make changes that can earn you cheaper rates.
The items below are a partial list of the pieces utilized by car insurance companies to help set your prices.
Better drivers pay lower prices – Your driving record impacts your car insurance rates tremendously. Having just one citation may increase your cost twenty percent or more. Good drivers get better prices than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers with severe citations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions may find that they have to to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with their state in order to drive a vehicle legally.
Liability protection limits should be high – Your policy’s liability coverage will protect you in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is relatively inexpensive as compared to coverage for physical damage, so do not cut corners here.
Higher deductibles are cheaper – Protection for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, is used to repair damage to your Jeep. Examples of covered claims are collision with another vehicle, flood damage, and rolling your vehicle. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles are the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket in the event of a claim. The more of the claim you are required to pay out-of-pocket, the lower your rates will be.
Influences performance influences auto insurance costs – The make and model of the car or truck you are insuring makes a big difference in your rates. The cheapest insurance rates are for small economy passenger vehicles, but that’s not the only thing that factors into the final price.
Insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles – Companies analyze the history of losses to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that historically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will have higher rates. The table below demonstrates the historical insurance loss data for Jeep Cherokee vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole is considered to be 100. Numbers below 100 suggest a positive loss record, while numbers above 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased probability of a larger loss.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 2WD||76||105||77||87||90||109|
|Jeep Cherokee 4dr 4WD||78||115||82||75||79||103|
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
El Paso insurance discounts for a Jeep Cherokee
Some insurers do not advertise all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden credits available to you. If you are not receiving all the discounts you deserve, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Buy New and Save – Adding a new car to your policy can be considerably cheaper because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Military Rewards – Having an actively deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Forcing all vehicle occupants to wear their seat belts can save up to 15% on the medical payments or PIP coverage costs.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can pay as much as 50% less than less cautious drivers.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking part in a course teaching defensive driver skills can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn slightly better auto insurance rates than normal.
- Claim Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories can save substantially as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only reduce individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. Even though it appears adding up those discounts means a free policy, it just doesn’t work that way. But any discount will positively reduce the amount you have to pay.
Large auto insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts include:
- GEICO includes discounts for membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, good student, multi-vehicle, and emergency military deployment.
- SAFECO offers discounts including teen safety rewards, bundle discounts, anti-lock brakes, homeowner, and teen safe driver.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, good driver, multiple autos, accident-free, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and multiple policy.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including accident-free, good student, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and good driver.
- 21st Century has discounts for good student, teen driver, theft prevention, anti-lock brakes, air bags, automatic seat belts, and homeowners.
- Progressive may have discounts that include homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and online signing.
Before you buy a policy, ask all companies you are considering to give you their best rates. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in El Paso.
Buying from car insurance agents
A lot of people just want to go talk to an agent and that is a smart decision One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates but also keep your business local.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents that give free quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to search for any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent to you directly. You’ll get the best rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding a good insurance company requires you to look at more than just a low price. The following questions are important to ask.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Do they review policy coverages at every renewal?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in El Paso?
When finding a reliable agent, there are a couple of different types of agencies and how they work. Insurance policy providers are considered either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can only place business with one company such as American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. They are well schooled on sales techniques which aids in selling service over price. Consumers frequently purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in El Paso that can give you price quote information.
- Frank Parga Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4141 Pinnacle St #105 – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 532-1423 – View Map
- Sandra Serna – State Farm Insurance Agent
10965 Ben Crenshaw, Ste D3 – El Paso, TX 79935 – (915) 591-0727 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Team Rudy Ledesma Insurance Agency
6801 N Mesa St b206 – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 581-7200 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies can quote rates with many companies so they can insure your vehicles with many different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If your agent finds better pricing, your agent can just switch to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, you will definitely want to get quotes from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection. Most independent agents also contract with small mutual carriers that may provide cheaper insurance rates.
The following are El Paso independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Texas State Insurance Agency
1501 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 838-1501 – View Map
- Desert West Insurance Agency, Inc.
7500 Viscount Blvd #101 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 751-6060 – View Map
- Mount Franklin Insurance Agency
2931 George Dieter Dr – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 599-2900 – View Map
Which auto insurance company is best in Texas?
Buying coverage from a high-quality auto insurance company is hard considering how many different companies insure vehicles in Texas. The information below can help you choose which car insurance companies to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- Travelers – A++
- USAA – A++
- GEICO – A++
- State Farm – A++
- Titan Insurance – A+
- Esurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- The Hartford – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Nationwide – A+
Top 10 El Paso Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- Mercury Insurance
- American Family
- AAA Insurance
- Safeco Insurance
- The Hartford
- The General
- 21st Century
Get the best coverage at the best price
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as being labeled a high risk driver, unfair underwriting practices, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, switching auto insurance companies is pretty easy and you might even save some money in the process.
Cost effective Jeep Cherokee insurance is definitely available online as well as from independent agents in El Paso, so you need to quote El Paso auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. There are still a few companies who may not have online price quotes and these smaller providers prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
As you shop your coverage around, never buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are a lot of situations where an insured cut full coverage only to regret that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The goal is to buy enough coverage at the best price, not the least amount of coverage.
Much more information about auto insurance in Texas can be read at the links below