Unfortunately, the vast majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for well over three years, and practically 40% of insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Drivers in America could save $859 a year just by comparing rates, but they think it’s difficult to shop their coverage around.
Really, the only way to find discount Jaguar S-Type insurance in El Paso is to do a yearly price comparison from different companies who can sell car insurance in Texas. You can compare rates by following these steps.
- Try to understand what is in your policy and the things you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and a poor credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. This article gives tips to help reduce premium rates and get discounts that may be available to you.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper S-Type coverage is available. If you find a better price and make a switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your intention to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to your new agent or company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate of insurance in your glove compartment.
A crucial key to this process is to make sure you enter the same level of coverage on every quote and and to get quotes from every insurance company. This provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
If you are already insured, you will most likely be able to buy cheaper car insurance using these methods. Buying the cheapest car insurance in El Paso is much easier if you know where to start. But Texas vehicle owners must learn how big insurance companies determine premium rates.
Just remember that comparing a wide range of rates gives you a better chance of getting a better price. Some companies don’t provide El Paso S-Type insurance quotes over the internet, so it’s recommended that you also compare quotes from them as well.
The following companies are our best choices to provide price quotes in Texas. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you get price quotes from several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance is an important decision
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Jaguar S-Type in El Paso, insuring your vehicle may be required and benefits you in several ways.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your S-Type has a lienholder, more than likely the lender will stipulate that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Jaguar at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects not only your Jaguar S-Type but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $830 a year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison each time the policy renews to make sure the price is not too high.
Cheaper rates with these discounts on Jaguar S-Type insurance in El Paso
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not even be aware of. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of quoting, but occasionally some discounts must be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Professional Memberships – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- Passive Restraints – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can receive discounts of 25 to 30%.
- Low Miles Discount – Driving less could qualify for substantially lower car insurance rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Active or former government employment could provide a small rate reduction with certain companies.
- 55 and Retired – Seniors may be able to get a small decrease in premiums.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to participate in a local driver’s education class in school.
One thing to note about discounts is that some of the credits will not apply to your bottom line cost. Most only cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A few companies that have these money-saving discounts possibly include:
If you are trying to find affordable El Paso car insurance quotes, ask every insurance company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere. If you would like to see a list of insurance companies offering car insurance discounts in El Paso, follow this link.
Don’t I need to contact an agent?
Some people still prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. A good thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information is sent to insurance agents in El Paso that can give you free El Paso car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you wish to get a comparison quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding a good company should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in El Paso should be willing to answer these questions.
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Is auto insurance their primary focus in El Paso?
- Are there any discounts for paying up front?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
Exclusive agents vs. Independent agents
If you are wanting to purchase insurance from a local El Paso insurance agency, there are two different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents may be either exclusive agents or independent agents.
These agents can usually just insure with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance, State Farm, or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agencies in El Paso that can give you comparison quotes.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company and that enables them to quote your coverage with an assortment of companies and get you the best rates possible. If they find a cheaper price, your policy is moved internally and you can keep the same agent. When searching for an agent, it’s recommended you contact at least one independent agent to maximize your price options.
Shown below are El Paso independent agencies willing to provide price quotes.
Nationwide Insurance: Ed Flores Insurance Agency Inc
1400 N Zaragoza Rd e – El Paso, TX 79936 – (915) 857-3300 – View Map
How much insurance do I need?
When selecting coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- How high should my uninsured/underinsured coverage be in Texas?
- What if I total my Jaguar S-Type and owe more than it’s worth?
- How much liability do I need to cover my assets?
- Can my babysitter drive my car?
- What is high-risk coverage and where do I buy it?
- What if a claim settlement is too low?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- Who is covered by my policy?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, simply complete this short form.
In the end, you can save money
Insureds leave their current company for any number of reasons including unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation, delays in paying claims or even denial of a claim. Whatever your reason, switching car insurance companies is pretty simple and you could end up saving a buck or two.
In this article, we presented a lot of ways to compare Jaguar S-Type insurance prices in El Paso. The key concept to understand is the more you quote El Paso car insurance, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the lowest prices are with a small local company.
When buying insurance coverage, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are too many instances where drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. The aim is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost while still protecting your assets.
More information can be read at the links below
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Does No-Fault Insurance Cover? (Allstate)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)