Want a free price quotes on lower-priced Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in El Paso? Do you think you bought an under-performing, overpriced insurance policy? It’s a common feeling and you’re not alone.
Sadly, the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost half have never compared quotes from other companies. Texas drivers could cut their rates by 70% a year, but they don’t want to spend time to compare rate quotes.
How to find the cheapest rates for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in El Paso
To save the most money, the best way to find discount auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies in El Paso.
- Take a little time to learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article provides additional ideas to keep prices down and find additional discounts you may qualify for.
- Request rate estimates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to your new insurance company. Once the application is submitted, store the proof of insurance paperwork in your glove compartment.
The most important part of this process is that you use identical coverages on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Numerous insurers battle for your business, and it can be difficult to compare rates to discover the definitive cheapest price on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in El Paso.
If you’re already insured or need a new policy, use these money-saving tips to find the best rates without reducing protection. Locating the best rates in El Paso is not rocket science. Smart buyers just have to use the proper way to quote multiple rates over the internet.
Best companies for Dodge Grand Caravan insurance
The providers in the list below offer free quotes in El Paso, TX. If several companies are displayed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage information shown next highlights different insurance rates for Dodge Grand Caravan models. Learning as much as possible about how rates are figured can help guide drivers when making smart choices when comparing insurance quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Grand Caravan CV||$174||$290||$496||$30||$148||$1,138||$95|
|Grand Caravan SE||$174||$290||$496||$30||$148||$1,138||$95|
|Grand Caravan Hero||$174||$352||$496||$30||$148||$1,200||$100|
|Grand Caravan Crew||$198||$352||$496||$30||$148||$1,224||$102|
|Grand Caravan SXT||$198||$352||$496||$30||$148||$1,224||$102|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, multi-policy, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can affect rates significantly.
The example below shows how choosing a deductible and can raise or lower Dodge Grand Caravan insurance rates for each different age category. The data is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below shows the difference between Dodge Grand Caravan auto insurance rates with and without physical damage coverage. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
When to eliminate full coverage
There isn’t a written rule of when to phase out comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost for physical damage coverage is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Dodge Grand Caravan book value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $5,000 after paying your policy deductible. If premium cost is more than $500 a year for your policy with full coverage, then you might consider buying liability only.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not financially feasible. If you still have a loan on your vehicle, you have to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not buy liability only.
Slash your insurance rates with discounts
Insurance can be prohibitively expensive, but there could be significant discounts that you may not know about. A few discounts will be applied when you complete an application, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Organization Discounts – Being a member of qualifying clubs or civic groups may earn a discount on insurance.
- Discount for New Cars – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount because newer models are generally safer.
- One Accident Forgiven – This isn’t a discount exactly, but some insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike if you have no claims prior to the accident.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you combine your home and auto policies with the same company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find low cost Dodge Grand Caravan insurance.
- Cautious Driver Discount – Insureds who avoid accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than their less cautious counterparts.
- Life Insurance – Not all companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a discounted premium rate on car insurance if you buy a life policy as well.
- College Student Discount – Youth drivers who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from El Paso without a vehicle on campus could get you a discount.
- Home Ownership Discount – Simply owning a home can save a few bucks because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most only apply to individual premiums such as collision or personal injury protection. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, you’re out of luck.
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Dodge Grand Caravan auto insurance costs with and without some available policy discounts. The premiums assume a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-car, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including student away at school, defensive driving training, passive restraint, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and good driver.
- GEICO may have discounts that include good student, air bags, federal employee, anti-theft, and seat belt use.
- Progressive has savings for multi-policy, good student, multi-vehicle, homeowner, online signing, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- 21st Century offers premium reductions for good student, automatic seat belts, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, early bird, air bags, and student driver.
- American Family may include discounts for TimeAway discount, air bags, mySafetyValet, bundled insurance, early bird, and accident-free.
- The Hartford includes discounts for defensive driver, anti-theft, good student, driver training, vehicle fuel type, bundle, and air bag.
- AAA offers discounts including multi-car, good student, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and good driver.
Before purchasing a policy, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be offered in every state. For a list of companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, click here to view.
Your situation helps dictate your coverage
When it comes to insurance from an agent or online for your vehicles, there really is no best way to insure your cars. Everyone’s situation is a little different.
For example, these questions may help you determine if you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
- Should I buy more coverage than the required Texas minimum liability coverage?
- Will my rates increase for filing one claim?
If you can’t answer these questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form. It only takes a few minutes and can help protect your family.
Are car insurance agents a thing of the past?
A lot of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is just fine! Agents can point out coverage gaps and help submit paperwork. The best thing about getting online price quotes is you may find lower rates and still buy from a local agent. Putting coverage with local agencies is definitely important in El Paso.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents in El Paso who want to provide quotes for your coverage. You won’t need to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent straight to your inbox. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
El Paso auto insurance agents come in two flavors
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Insurance agents are classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either type can write policy coverage, but we need to point out the differences because it can influence which type of agent you select.
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest insurance rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When shopping rates, you absolutely need to check rates from at least one independent agent so that you can do a thorough price comparison.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in El Paso who can help you get free rate quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide one company’s prices such as State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in El Paso willing to provide comparison quotes.
Finding a good insurance agency should depend on more than just a low price. These are valid questions to ask:
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in El Paso?
- What insurance companies do they work with in El Paso?
- How long have they been in business?
- Is the agency active in community causes in El Paso?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
After talking to the agent and getting acceptable answers to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, it’s possible that you found a car insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to get a better price on Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in El Paso. The most important thing to understand is the more rate quotes you have, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a lesser-known regional company.
Cheaper auto insurance in El Paso can be sourced on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. Some auto insurance companies may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small insurance companies sell through independent agencies.
People switch companies for many reasons like policy cancellation, unfair underwriting practices, policy non-renewal or being labeled a high risk driver. No matter why you want to switch, finding a new auto insurance company can be easier than you think.
Steps to finding affordable Dodge Grand Caravan insurance in El Paso
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in El Paso is to compare prices once a year from different companies that insure vehicles in Texas. Price quotes can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates like traffic violations, accidents, and a negative credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies. Click to view companies
- Third, compare the price quotes to your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available in El Paso. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intention to cancel your current coverage and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new insurance company. As soon as coverage is bound, put the certificate verifying coverage in your vehicle.
An important part of this process is that you use identical coverage information on every quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.