The easiest way to get discount auto insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from companies who provide auto insurance in El Paso.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about how car insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases such as careless driving and poor credit can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Keep reading for information to prevent high prices and find discounts that you may qualify for.
Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on ATS insurance. If you can save money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
One piece of advice is to try to compare the same coverage limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies want to prevent you from shopping around. Insureds who shop around at least once a year will, in all likelihood, move their business because they have a good chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent study showed that people who shopped around annually saved $865 annually compared to policyholders who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the most affordable car insurance in El Paso is your intention, knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance can help make the process easier.
If you already have coverage, you will be able to cut your premiums using this information. This information will tell you how to get online quotes and how to save the most money. But Texas car owners need to have an understanding of the way companies set your policy premium and use it to find better rates.
How Insurers Calculate Cadillac ATS Insurance Premiums
Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that aid in calculating your premiums. If you know what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find better auto insurance rates. Lots of factors are used in the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. A few of the factors are predictable such as traffic violations, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married or your commute time.
- Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The type of car you drive makes a substantial difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are usually for low performance passenger vehicles, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
- Low mileage costs less – The higher the mileage driven every year the higher your rate. Most insurance companies charge rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that are left in the garage cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your vehicle rating properly reflects the proper vehicle usage. Having an incorrect usage rating on your ATS may be wasting your money.
- Do you really need to file those claims? – Insurance companies in Texas give cheaper rates to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can pretty much guarantee either policy cancellation or increased premiums. Your car insurance is meant to be used in the event of major claims that would cause financial hardship.
- Always keep your coverage in place – Having a lapse in insurance coverage is a quick way to pay more for auto insurance. Not only will you pay more, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
Claims statistics for a Cadillac ATS – Insurers use past insurance losses to help calculate premium prices. Vehicles that the data shows to have increased losses will cost more for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the collected loss data for Cadillac ATS vehicles. For each policy coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is equal to 100. Percentage values below 100 indicate better than average losses, while numbers above 100 point to more claims or tendency to have larger claims.
Cadillac ATS Insurance Loss Statistics Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Cadillac ATS 4dr 2WD 121 97 103 107 96 90 Cadillac ATS 4dr 4WD 127 81 91 92 93 74BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When price shopping your coverage, more quotes increases your odds of finding the best price.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in El Paso, TX. If multiple providers are shown, we recommend you visit several of them to get the most affordable price.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in Texas
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance serves an important purpose.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may insure your Cadillac at a much higher premium rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
Third, insurance protects not only your Cadillac ATS but also your assets. It will also cover many types of medical costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also covers all legal expenses up to the policy limit if you are sued as the result of an accident. If you have damage to your Cadillac as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance outweigh the cost, particularly if you ever have a claim. An average driver in America overpays more than $700 annually so shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Companies offer many types of discounts on Cadillac ATS insurance in El Paso
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there could be available discounts that you may not even know about. Some discounts will apply when you purchase, but some may not be applied and must be inquired about before you will receive the discount.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Buying a policy with multiple cars with the same auto insurance company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Have your child participate in a local driver’s education class as it can save substantially.
- First Accident Forgiveness – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before your rates go up as long as you don’t have any claims for a specific time period.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can avoid accidents and will save you 10% or more on ATS insurance in El Paso.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Options like air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings up to 30%.
- Use Seat Belts – Drivers who require all vehicle occupants to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current ATS insurance policy. You can save around 10% with this discount.
As a sidenote, some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of auto insurance companies and their offered discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, good student, multi-policy, anti-lock brakes, membership and employees, five-year accident-free, and air bags.
- USAA offers premium reductions for driver training, military installation, new vehicle, vehicle storage, and defensive driver.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle.
- American Family has savings for good driver, TimeAway discount, air bags, good student, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance includes discounts for anti-theft, emergency road assistance, good driver, multi-policy, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for switch companies, homeowner, early shopping, distant student, pay in full, youthful driver, and bundle discounts.
- State Farm may include discounts for defensive driving training, good driver, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, and good student.
When comparing rates, check with every company how you can save money. Some credits might not be available to policyholders in your area. If you would like to choose from a list of insurers that offer discounts in El Paso, follow this link.
Compare prices but buy from a local El Paso insurance agency
Many drivers would prefer to go talk to an agent and that is OK! The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that you can find better rates and still buy from a local agent. And providing support for local insurance agencies is important particularly in El Paso.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to companies in El Paso who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. There is no need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered to you instantly. Get lower rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right insurance company is decision based upon more than just the price. A good agent in El Paso will have answers to these questions.
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in El Paso?
Cheaper car insurance rates are out there
We just showed you many tips how you can compare Cadillac ATS insurance premium rates in El Paso. The key concept to understand is the more you quote El Paso auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. You may even discover the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
More affordable car insurance in El Paso can be bought both online and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. Some companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, make sure you don’t sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are too many instances where someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and learned later that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. Your objective should be to purchase a proper amount of coverage for the lowest cost, but do not skimp to save money.
Even more information can be found in these articles: