Have you finally had enough of robbing Peter to pay Paul to insure your BMW every month? You are in the same boat as many other Texas consumers.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop for lower prices will probably move their business because there is a good chance of finding a lower-priced company. A recent insurance study revealed that consumers who compared rates annually saved as much as $865 a year compared to other drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on car insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then understanding the best ways to find and compare insurance rates can help simplify the process.
How to find discount BMW X5 eDrive insurance in El Paso
The preferred way to get cheaper auto insurance rates in El Paso is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in Texas. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
First, take a little time to learn about car insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many things that result in higher prices such as high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by being financially responsible and driving safely.
Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes for a wide range of companies. View prices
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on X5 eDrive insurance in El Paso. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
A good tip to remember is to use identical coverage information on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
With so many companies to choose from that have affordable insurance for a BMW X5 eDrive in El Paso, it can be hard to choose the lowest cost company.
It’s important to compare rates on a regular basis because prices change regularly. If you had the lowest price on BMW X5 eDrive insurance in El Paso six months ago a different company probably has better rates today. Ignore everything you know about insurance because you’re about to find out the fastest way to properly buy coverages while reducing your premium.
Buying the cheapest insurance in El Paso is actually very simple if you learn how to start. Basically, every vehicle owner who needs cheaper insurance will most likely find better rates. Although Texas drivers do need to learn how companies price insurance differently because rates are impacted by many factors.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from different El Paso insurance companies. The simplest method to compare BMW X5 eDrive insurance prices involves getting comparison quotes online.
Getting free rates online is quite simple, and it makes it a waste of time to spend your day driving to insurance agents’ offices. Quoting and buying BMW X5 eDrive insurance online makes this unnecessary unless you prefer the extra assistance of a local agency. If you prefer, some companies allow you to compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent.
When comparison shopping, having more price comparisons will enable you to find lower pricing.
The following companies can provide price comparisons in Texas. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Choosing the best BMW X5 eDrive insurance in Texas is an important decision
Even though it can be expensive, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your BMW X5 eDrive, most banks will have a requirement that you buy insurance to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your BMW for a much higher rate and require you to fork over for it.
- Insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. It will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. Liability coverage also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your BMW gets damaged, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your car definitely exceed the price paid, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $865 each year so it’s very important to do a rate comparison at every renewal to ensure rates are inline.
Don’t overlook these seven BMW X5 eDrive insurance discounts
Insurance is not an enjoyable expense, but you might already qualify for some discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Certain credits will be shown at the time of quoting, but a few must be specially asked for before they will apply. If you do not double check each discount you qualify for, you could be getting lower rates.
- Auto/Home Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This one is not really a discount per se, but a few companies such as GEICO and Liberty Mutual will forgive one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you have no claims prior to being involved in the accident.
- Air Bag Discount – Cars that have air bags or automatic seat belts may earn rate discounts as much as 30%.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member may lower your rates slightly.
- Onboard Data Collection – El Paso drivers who agree to allow their company to monitor their driving habits by using a telematic data system such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system could possibly reduce rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Multi-line Discount – Select insurance companies reward you with a discounted price on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles could earn substantially lower rates.
A little disclaimer on discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. Even though it appears you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
A few popular companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be found below.
- State Farm has savings for student away at school, multiple policy, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual discounts include hybrid vehicle, newly married, safety features, new vehicle discount, exclusive group savings, new move discount, and multi-car.
- American Family may offer discounts for Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, bundled insurance, good driver, and accident-free.
- Progressive offers discounts for good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, online quote discount, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for homeowner, multi-car, teen driver, good student, youthful driver, early shopping, and business and professional.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for safe vehicle, anti-lock brakes, multiple vehicles, teen driver, safe driver, and company car.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including teen safety rewards, anti-lock brakes, safe driver, homeowner, teen safe driver, and multi-car.
When quoting, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in El Paso. To choose companies that have a full spectrum of discounts in Texas, follow this link.
When should I have guidance from an insurance agent?
Some people still prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is that you can obtain cheaper premium rates and still have an agent to talk to.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can most likely find cheaper rates and a licensed agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on a insurer requires you to look at more than just the bottom line cost. Some important questions to ask are:
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Is there a 24/7 contact number?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Will you get a loaner vehicle if you car is being repaired?
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
Two different types of car insurance agents
When searching for an insurance agent, there are a couple of types of insurance agents from which to choose. Agents are classified as either exclusive or independent.
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. They are well schooled on their company’s products which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in El Paso that are able to give rate quotes.
Frank Parga Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4141 Pinnacle St #105 – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 532-1423 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company and that gives them the ability to insure with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they find a cheaper price, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you will definitely want to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to get the most accurate price comparison.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in El Paso willing to provide price quotes.
Learning about specific coverages of a car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. Below you’ll find the normal coverages available from car insurance companies.
This coverage pays for damage to your X5 eDrive from colliding with an object or car. You first must pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the remainder.
Collision can pay for things such as colliding with a tree, crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox, colliding with another moving vehicle and rolling your car. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your X5 eDrive to get cheaper collision coverage.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage gives you protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family and also any damage incurred to your BMW X5 eDrive.
Since a lot of drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (which is 30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is important protection for you and your family.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
This coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage from a wide range of events other than collision. A deductible will apply and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive coverage pays for claims such as rock chips in glass, falling objects and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The most you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the actual cash value, so if it’s not worth much more than your deductible it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
This provides protection from damage or injury you incur to a person or their property. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. Your policy might show liability limits of 30/60/25 that means you have a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a limit of $60,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability coverage pays for claims like funeral expenses, structural damage and repair costs for stationary objects. How much coverage you buy is up to you, but consider buying as high a limit as you can afford. Texas requires drivers to carry at least 30/60/25 but it’s recommended drivers buy more coverage.
The illustration below shows why the minimum limit may not be high enough to cover claims.
Insurance for medical payments
Coverage for medical payments and/or PIP kick in for expenses such as dental work, prosthetic devices, chiropractic care and ambulance fees. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you are not covered by health insurance. Medical payments and PIP cover not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available and gives slightly broader coverage than med pay
Quote more to save more
Lower-priced BMW X5 eDrive insurance in El Paso is definitely available from both online companies in addition to many El Paso insurance agents, so get free El Paso car insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some car insurance companies don’t offer online rate quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent agencies.
In this article, we covered some good ideas how you can save on BMW X5 eDrive insurance in El Paso. The most important thing to understand is the more rate comparisons you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even discover the biggest savings come from a lesser-known regional company. These smaller insurers can often provide lower auto insurance rates in certain areas compared to the large companies like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
As you prepare to switch companies, do not buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
How to save on BMW X5 eDrive insurance in El Paso
The best way we recommend to find cheaper car insurance rates is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers that sell auto insurance in El Paso.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic citations, accidents, and a poor credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Get rate quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save some money and decide to switch, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Provide written notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new coverage. Make sure you store the certificate verifying proof of insurance in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. This ensures a fair price comparison and many rates to choose from.
To read more, link through to the resources below: