The best way to get the cheapest Mercury Montego insurance in El Paso is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide auto insurance in Texas.
Step 1: Get an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and an unacceptable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Later in this article we will cover additional tips to get low prices and get additional discounts that may be available.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing rates and determine if cheaper Montego coverage is available. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, keep the new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your vehicle’s registration.
The key aspect of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on every price quote and and to get prices from as many carriers as you can. This provides an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of drivers have remained with the same insurance company for four years or more, and almost 40% of drivers have never quoted insurance rates at all. U.S. consumers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but most tend to underestimate the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
This article will help you learn the best ways to compare prices and also pocket some savings If you currently have a car insurance policy, you stand a good chance to be able to save money using the ideas presented in this article. Shoppers just have to understand the proper methods to compare insurance rates online from multiple companies.
Cheaper El Paso auto insurance rates with discounts
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there could be significant discounts that can help lower your rates. Some trigger automatically at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be manually applied prior to getting the savings.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles with factory air bags could see savings up to 30%.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you have multiple policies and insure them both with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could qualify for a slight premium decrease depending on your company.
- Payment Method – If you pay your bill all at once as opposed to paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
You should keep in mind that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, auto insurance companies aren’t that generous.
Popular auto insurance companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are outlined below.
- Progressive offers discounts including multi-vehicle, multi-policy, good student, online quote discount, online signing, and continuous coverage.
- AAA discounts include anti-theft, multi-car, multi-policy, education and occupation, and pay-in-full.
- Farmers Insurance offers premium reductions for bundle discounts, youthful driver, pay in full, alternative fuel, mature driver, teen driver, and distant student.
- GEICO has discounts for driver training, multi-vehicle, air bags, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- Esurance may offer discounts for emergency road assistance, claim free, online quote, defensive driver, Pac-12 alumni, and Switch & Save.
- SAFECO has savings for homeowner, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, bundle discounts, and safe driver.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including safe vehicle, defensive driving training, multiple autos, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and student away at school.
If you want low cost El Paso auto insurance quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be offered on policies in El Paso. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies with discount rates in El Paso, follow this link.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in El Paso, TX. If the list has multiple companies, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
How Insurance Companies Calculate Mercury Montego Insurance Costs
Many different elements are considered when pricing auto insurance. A few of the factors are predictable like your driving record, but other criteria are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are. Smart consumers have a good feel for the factors that help calculate the rates you pay for car insurance. If you have some idea of what determines base rates, this enables informed choices that can help you get much lower annual insurance costs.
- Deter car thieves – Driving a car with a theft deterrent system can save you a little every year. Advanced theft deterrents like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all help prevent your car from being stolen.
- Driver age impacts costs – Older drivers are more cautious drivers, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Beginning drivers are statistically proven to be less responsible in a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Discounts for auto and home policies – Many companies apply better rates for people who buy several policies from them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s in your best interest to shop around to guarantee you are still saving the most. Drivers may still find a better deal by buying car insurance from a different company.
- Women pay lower prices – Statistics show women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Women and men cause at-fault accidents in similar numbers, but men cause more damage. They also get ticketed for serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving. Youthful male drivers are the most expensive to insure and therefore pay the highest rates.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
Always keep in mind that when comparing coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Everyone’s situation is a little different so your insurance should reflect that For instance, these questions could help you determine whether or not you might need professional guidance.
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- What does PIP insurance cover?
- Is my son or daughter covered when driving my car?
If you’re not sure about those questions but a few of them apply, then you may want to think about talking to an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, simply complete this short form or go to this page to view a list of companies. It’s fast, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood El Paso auto insurance agents
Many people prefer to get advice from a local agent and that is a personal choice. Most agents can help you choose the best coverages and help file insurance claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local. And buying from local insurance agents is important particularly in El Paso.
After completing this simple form, the quote information is instantly submitted to local insurance agents that can provide free El Paso auto insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no reason to visit any agencies because prices are sent to you. In the event you want to compare prices for a specific company, feel free to navigate to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Pick the best car insurance agent in El Paso for you
If you want to use an insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they are distinctly different. Agents in El Paso are either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer. Both types can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s good to learn the differences since it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. To transfer your coverage to a different company, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you. If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to contact multiple independent agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare. Most independent agents also contract with less well-known companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Below is a short list of independent agents in El Paso who may be able to give you price quote information.
- Desert West Insurance: Lavelle Michael
7500 Viscount Suite 101 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (830) 534-9623 – View Map
- Tony Ramos Insurance
7230 Gateway Blvd E H – El Paso, TX 79915 – (915) 599-1678 – View Map
- Pan American Insurance
7399 Alameda Ave – El Paso, TX 79915 – (915) 772-9000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. These agents are not able to provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are usually quite knowledgeable on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Drivers often buy insurance from these agents mostly because of the brand name rather than low price.
Below are El Paso exclusive agencies that can give you comparison quotes.
- Frank Parga Jr – State Farm Insurance Agent
4141 Pinnacle St #105 – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 532-1423 – View Map
- Yvonne Curtis – State Farm Insurance Agent
1550 Hawkins Blvd Ste 15 – El Paso, TX 79925 – (915) 591-0871 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: Eric Kent
5909 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79912 – (915) 587-0292 – View Map
Selecting an insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- Is insurance their full-time profession?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Is the agent properly licensed in Texas?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
Auto insurance is not optional in Texas
Despite the potentially high cost of Mercury Montego insurance, auto insurance is required in Texas but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection in order to drive the car legally. In Texas these limits are 30/60/25 which means you must have $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $25,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Mercury Montego, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you carry insurance to guarantee payment of the loan. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Mercury for a much higher rate and require you to pay the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your Mercury Montego and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of having auto insurance more than offset the price you pay, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in Texas is wasting up to $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
What is YOUR best insurance company?
Low-cost Mercury Montego insurance in El Paso can be bought on the web in addition to many El Paso insurance agents, so you need to quote El Paso auto insurance with both to have the best rate selection. Some insurance providers don’t offer the ability to get a quote online and usually these regional insurance providers prefer to sell through independent agents.
When searching for affordable El Paso auto insurance quotes, do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your strategy should be to buy enough coverage at the best cost, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
To read more, link through to the articles below: