It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Drivers who perform rate comparisons are likely to buy a different policy because there is a high probability of finding a cheaper policy. A study discovered that consumers who shopped around every year saved $72 a month compared to those who didn’t regularly shop around.
If finding the best price on Fiat 500 insurance is your ultimate objective, knowing the best way to quote and compare insurance can help you be more efficient.
The most effective way to find cheaper auto insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from companies who sell auto insurance in El Paso. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Try to learn about how companies set rates and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that cause rate increases like traffic violations, accidents, and poor credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for instructions to get better rates and find available discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while agents who are independent can provide prices from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current agent or company of your decision to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new agent or company. Once received, keep the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
An essential thing to point out is to try to compare identical coverages on every quote request and to quote with as many different companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price quote selection.
Our goal is to teach you how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. If you have insurance now, you will most likely be able to cut your premiums using the techniques presented in this article. Shoppers just need to know the tricks to get comparison quotes from many companies at once.
Low Cost companies for Fiat 500 insurance in Texas
The auto insurance companies shown below provide free quotes in El Paso, TX. If more than one company is shown, we suggest you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get affordable rates on Fiat 500 insurance in El Paso with these six auto insurance discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may qualify for discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but occasionally some discounts must be specifically requested prior to getting the savings.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but some companies like Progressive, Allstate, and Liberty Mutual permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage as long as you don’t have any claims for a certain period of time.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories are rewarded with significantly better rates on El Paso car insurance quote in comparison to accident-prone drivers.
- Student Driver Training – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully take a driver’s education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Government Employee Discount – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Bundled Policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and insure them both with the same insurance company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers who don’t get into accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accidents.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for defensive driving training, good driver, driver’s education, safe vehicle, student away at school, passive restraint, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Esurance includes discounts for online quote, renters, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, safety device, and homeowner.
- Progressive may include discounts for online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include good student, new vehicle discount, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, multi-car, newly married, and hybrid vehicle.
- Auto-Owners Insurance has discounts for air bags, anti-theft, anti-lock brakes, multiple vehicles, and teen driver.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, federal employee, membership and employees, anti-theft, and driver training.
Check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in El Paso, click this link.
Are insurance agents obsolete?
Some people still like to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Experienced insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still have an agent to talk to. And supporting neighborhood agents is definitely important in El Paso.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your coverage information is emailed to companies in El Paso that can give you free El Paso car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to visit any agencies since rate quotes are delivered to you directly. If you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
If you’re trying to find a good insurance agency, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies and how they are slightly different. El Paso agents can be categorized as either independent or exclusive. Both can sell affordable insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference between them because it can influence the type of agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
These type of agents are not employed by any specific company so they have the ability to put coverage with an assortment of companies and find you cheaper rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply switch companies in-house without you having to go to a different agency. When comparing rates, you need to include multiple independent agents for the best price selection.
Featured below is a small list of independent agents in El Paso who can help you get pricing information.
Texas State Insurance Agency
1501 N Mesa St – El Paso, TX 79902 – (915) 838-1501 – View Map
Exclusive agencies can only place business with one company and some examples include AAA, State Farm, Farmers Insurance, and Allstate. They usually cannot place coverage with different providers so always compare other rates. Exclusive agencies are well trained on their company’s products and that enables them to sell even at higher rates.
Below are El Paso exclusive agencies willing to provide price quote information.
Annette Gallardo Sanders – State Farm Insurance Agent
6351 S Desert Blvd #105 – El Paso, TX 79932 – (915) 877-9020 – View Map
Finding a good insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a low price. Ask your prospective agent these questions:
- Will they give you a referral list?
- Is the agent and/or agency licensed to do business in Texas?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
If you get positive feedback to any questions you have as well as affordable Fiat 500 insurance rates in El Paso quotes, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to properly service your insurance policy.
Auto insurance 101
Knowing the specifics of a car insurance policy helps when choosing the best coverages and proper limits and deductibles. Car insurance terms can be difficult to understand and coverage can change by endorsement. Below you’ll find the usual coverages offered by car insurance companies.
Uninsured Motorist or Underinsured Motorist insurance
This coverage protects you and your vehicle’s occupants when the “other guys” are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. This coverage pays for injuries sustained by your vehicle’s occupants and damage to your Fiat 500.
Because many people carry very low liability coverage limits (30/60/25), it only takes a small accident to exceed their coverage. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages do not exceed the liability coverage limits.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage resulting from a collision with another car or object. A deductible applies then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as crashing into a ditch, hitting a mailbox and crashing into a building. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. You can also increase the deductible on your 500 to save money on collision insurance.
Comprehensive coverage (or Other than Collision)
Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, theft and damage from getting keyed. The most your car insurance company will pay is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle’s value is low it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
Liability insurance protects you from damages or injuries you inflict on other people or property. It protects you against other people’s claims. It does not cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. Your policy might show policy limits of 30/60/25 which means a limit of $30,000 per injured person, a total of $60,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and a limit of $25,000 paid for damaged property. Another option is a combined limit which provides one coverage limit and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage pays for claims such as funeral expenses, medical expenses, medical services, loss of income and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. Texas state law requires minimum liability limits of 30/60/25 but you should think about purchasing more liability than the minimum.
The illustration below shows why low liability limits may not provide you with enough coverage.
Insurance for medical payments
Medical payments and Personal Injury Protection insurance reimburse you for bills like ambulance fees, pain medications, chiropractic care and prosthetic devices. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if there is no health insurance coverage. It covers not only the driver but also the vehicle occupants and also covers being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal injury protection coverage is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
How much can you save?
More affordable car insurance in El Paso is attainable online and from local insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best rate selection. Some companies do not provide price quotes online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent agencies.
In this article, we covered many ideas to reduce Fiat 500 insurance auto insurance rates online in El Paso. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies can often provide lower premium rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Allstate and Progressive.
To learn more, feel free to browse the articles below: