Unthinkable but true, the vast majority of drivers have bought insurance from the same company for over three years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never taken the time to shop around. With the average insurance premium being $2,700, Texas drivers could save themselves $1,770 a year by just comparing quotes, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes.
Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper quotes for Acura RDX insurance in El Paso is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who provide car insurance in Texas. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Get a basic knowledge of what coverages are included in your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many factors that increase rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and poor credit history can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
- Step 2: Get rate quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Start a quote
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you can save money and buy the policy, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Tell your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to the newly selected company. When you receive it, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance with your registration paperwork.
The critical component of shopping around is to try to compare the same level of coverage on each quote and and to get price quotes from as many car insurance companies as possible. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and maximum price selection.
El Paso insurance discounts
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the below list has some of the more common and also the more inconspicuous discounts that may be available.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Taking part in a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Service Members Pay Less – Being deployed in the military could trigger a small discount.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of more than 20%.
- Use Seat Belts – Forcing all vehicle occupants to buckle up can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Federal Government Employee – Having worked for a branch of the government can earn a discount up to 10% depending on your company.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to certain professional organizations could trigger savings when getting a El Paso car insurance quote.
- Online Discount – Many insurance companies give back up to $50 for completing your application on their website.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it doesn’t quite work that way.
The chart below shows the difference between Acura RDX car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, Texas state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, multi-car, claim-free, multi-policy, and safe-driver discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer are included below.
- Farmers Insurance may include discounts for mature driver, multi-car, homeowner, distant student, teen driver, alternative fuel, and youthful driver.
- State Farm has savings for Steer Clear safe driver discount, good student, multiple policy, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, and defensive driving training.
- Liberty Mutual may offer discounts for exclusive group savings, safety features, multi-policy, newly retired, and hybrid vehicle.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, and accident-free.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, good student, homeowner, multi-policy, and continuous coverage.
When getting a coverage quote, ask all the companies how you can save money. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere.
How to compare free El Paso Acura RDX insurance rate quotes
The following companies are ready to provide free quotes in Texas. If multiple companies are shown, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the lowest price.
Acura RDX insurance rates and statistics
The table shown next showcases a range of insurance rates for Acura RDX models. Having a good grasp of how insurance rates are calculated can help guide drivers when making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|RDX Technology Package 2WD||$284||$580||$304||$18||$92||$1,278||$107|
|RDX Technology Package AWD||$284||$580||$304||$18||$92||$1,278||$107|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and Texas minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in zip code location which can affect coverage prices greatly.
The chart below shows how different deductible levels and can impact Acura RDX premium costs for different age groups of insureds. The information is based on a single female driver, comp and collision included, and no policy discounts are applied.
Yearly insurance costs for men versus women
The information below compares Acura RDX annual premium costs for male and female drivers. The costs are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate difference between full and liability-only coverage
The illustration below compares Acura RDX insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premium estimates are based on no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, marital status is single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage or liability only?
There is no exact formula to stop buying physical damage insurance, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Acura RDX replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most your company would pay you is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying over $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some conditions where dropping full coverage is not a good plan. If you have an outstanding loan on your vehicle, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not buy liability only.
What is the best insurance coverage?
When selecting proper insurance coverage, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Your needs are unique to you.
For example, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- Am I covered if I back into my garage door?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- Can my teen drive my company car?
- Am I covered when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- Is my Acura RDX covered for smoke damage?
- What is no-fault insurance?
- If I use my vehicle for business use is it covered?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and may give you better protection.
When to talk to a local insurance agent
Many people just prefer to go talk to an agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Good insurance agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. The biggest benefit of getting free rate quotes online is you can get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
After filling out this short form, your coverage information is immediately sent to local insurance agents who will return price quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home since price quotes are sent to you. In the event you want to quote rates from a specific insurance company, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Selecting an insurance company needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. Here are some questions to ask:
- Is coverage determined by price?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Where would glass claims be handled in El Paso?
- Do they receive special compensation for putting your coverage with one company over another?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how to compare Acura RDX insurance auto insurance rates in El Paso. The key thing to remember is the more you quote El Paso car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the biggest savings come from the smaller companies.
Insureds switch companies for a variety of reasons including policy non-renewal, denial of a claim, an unsatisfactory settlement offer or even unfair underwriting practices. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching companies can be less work than you think.
Discount Acura RDX insurance in El Paso is attainable from both online companies in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to price shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance providers do not offer online rate quotes and these small, regional companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.