Having to pay for high-priced Acura ILX insurance in El Paso can deplete your budget and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Comparing price quotes can help to tighten up your finances.
Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Insureds who shop around for cheaper prices are highly likely to switch companies because they stand a good chance of finding a lower-cost company. A study showed that people who shopped around saved an average of $72 a month compared to other drivers who never compared prices.
If saving money on insurance is the reason you’re reading this, then having a grasp of how to shop and compare coverage rates can help you be more efficient. Having so many choices of insurance companies that have cheaper insurance for an Acura ILX in El Paso, it can be challenging to locate a more affordable insurance company.
Why Informed Drivers Pay Less for Acura ILX Insurance
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that aid in calculating your policy premiums. When you know what positively or negatively controls the rates you pay, this helps enable you to make changes that may result in much lower annual insurance costs.
- Don’t let your policy lapse – Having a lapse in insurance coverage will be a fast way to drive up your policy premiums. Not only will rates go up, getting caught without coverage could earn you a license revocation or jail time.
- Pay less with a high crash test rating – Vehicles with good safety scores get lower rates. Safe vehicles reduce the chance of injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means less money paid by your insurance company and cheaper rates on your policy. If your Acura has at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org it is probably cheaper to insure.
- Use one insurance company and save – Most larger insurance companies allow lower prices to policyholders that buy multiple policies. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount applied, drivers will still want to comparison shop to verify if the discount is saving money. Consumers may find a better deal by buying from different companies
- Tickets drive up costs – Only having one moving violation can bump up the cost to the point where it’s not affordable. Good drivers tend to pay less for car insurance compared to bad drivers. Drivers who get dangerous violations such as reckless driving, hit and run or driving under the influence may need to submit a SR-22 or proof of financial responsibility with their state DMV in order to prevent a license revocation.
- Your vocation can affect rates – Occupations such as military personnel, business owners, and financial analysts generally have higher premium rates due to intense work-related stress and lots of time spent away from family. On the other hand, jobs such as professors, athletes and the unemployed generally pay rates lower than average.
- Is your car built for speed? – The performance of the vehicle you are buying insurance for makes a substantial difference in your car insurance bill. The lowest rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Low credit score equals high prices – Credit score factor in your rate calculation. If your credit could use some work, you could save money insuring your Acura ILX if you clean up your credit. Consumers who have high credit ratings tend to be less risk to insure than drivers who have lower credit ratings.
Acura ILX insurance loss probability – Auto insurance companies include the past claim trends for vehicles when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that tend to have higher loss trends will be charged more to insure. The table below illustrates the insurance loss data used by companies for Acura ILX vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is represented as 100. Numbers below 100 are indicative of better than average losses, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Acura ILX Models Specific Acura Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Acura ILX 96 94 83 112 111 97BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Discounts for lower-cost auto insurance rates
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply when you quote, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before being credited.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Insuring a new ILX is cheaper since newer models are generally safer.
- Senior Citizen Rates – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can get better auto insurance rates.
- Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide without raising rates so long as you haven’t had any claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member could trigger a small discount.
- Homeowners Savings – Simply owning a home can earn you a little savings because it requires personal responsibility.
- Defensive Driver – Taking part in a driver safety course could earn you a small percentage discount and also improve your driving technique.
- Sign Early and Save – A few companies allow discounts for switching companies early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Fewer Miles Equal More Savings – Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Good Student – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. The good student discount can last up until you turn 25.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the medical payments premium.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though it appears you can get free auto insurance, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A few of the larger companies and their offered discounts include:
- State Farm may have discounts that include Steer Clear safe driver discount, passive restraint, multiple policy, safe vehicle, and good student.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including continuous coverage, online quote discount, good student, homeowner, and online signing.
- Progressive may include discounts for multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, multi-policy, homeowner, good student, and online signing.
- MetLife offers discounts for multi-policy, defensive driver, good driver, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau may offer discounts for 55 and retired, good student, multi-vehicle, renewal discount, youthful driver, safe driver, and multi-policy.
- GEICO has savings for daytime running lights, multi-vehicle, military active duty, air bags, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO offers discounts including drive less, teen safety rewards, homeowner, multi-car, anti-theft, bundle discounts, and teen safe driver.
It’s a good idea to ask each company or agent which credits you are entitled to. Some credits may not be available in El Paso.
Don’t give up on cheaper coverage
In this article, we presented some good ideas how you can shop for Acura ILX insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Acura ILX insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best price on car insurance is with a small local company.
When buying insurance coverage, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. Too many times, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to regret at claim time that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your objective should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Cheaper Acura ILX insurance in El Paso can be sourced online and also from your neighborhood El Paso agents, so you need to shop El Paso car insurance with both to get a complete price analysis. Some companies may not have the ability to get a quote online and many times these regional insurance providers only sell coverage through independent agents.
How to find the cheapest rates for Acura ILX insurance in El Paso
The best way to find cheaper quotes for Acura ILX insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from providers who provide auto insurance in El Paso.
Step 1: Try to learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating factors that drive up the price such as accidents, careless driving, and a substandard credit score can be remedied by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed policy application and payment to the newly selected company. Once the paperwork is finalized, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in an accessible location in your vehicle.
A good piece of advice is to make sure you’re comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to look at all possible companies. This ensures an apples-to-apples comparison and maximum price selection.
More tips and info about car insurance can be read in these articles: